Is it possible for a 411 PCM to revert back to GM factory settings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xbleedblackx

Reaction score
Just as the title states, Is it possible for a 411 PCM to revert back to GM factory settings? I have a swap going on (have a thread in street builds) and have had the truck running and everything. only problem was it was idling really rough and had a after fire going on popping real loud and spitting small flames out the ends of the headers. I chalked it up to needing the distributor re-stabbed and went through the motions of gaining tdc and aligning the vortec distributor correctly. Now the engine won't start at all ( it trys and you can hear it hit a few cylinders but will not run) I connected my obd 2 scanner to the truck and it asked me if my vehicle was a 02 Blazer (this is the vehicle I pulled the 411 PCM out of) It displayed the vin of that same blazer and everything. I had the 411 PCM tuned at Blackbear Performance with a express van tune. Im pretty confused as to what could have happened. Everything i've seen online thus far tells me that no a PCM can not be wiped unless it somehow got fried. If that was the case would it still respond to the requests of a cheapo obd2 scanner and display vin# and everything? any input would be awesome guys! Thanks in advance!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you're 4WD and your 4LO works right, it's because of the S10 segment in the tune. I wouldn't sweat it. Using a chunk of the S10's tune is the only way to make 4LO work right with the 411 swap.