IRS in a gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really need to learn to weld. Seeing what you’ve accomplished is impressive.
I’m definitely no pro at welding. IMO most of my welds are just acceptable. What I do know is from YouTube and friends who are welders. But acceptable welding/fabrication skills open a world of possibilities.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really need to learn to weld. Seeing what you’ve accomplished is impressive.
Go for it. I grabbed a Lincoln MigPak 180 a few years ago. Started with building a welding table out of old shelving. Then welded up holes in the box from the tonneau cover brackets, then licence plate holes. Lately did the handle relocater.
Oh....did a bit of messing around with some exhaust on one of my other trucks.
Fixed a scaffold frame for the BIL for a hunting stand, and modified a jack for my Harley.
It's not rocket surgery, just watch some vids, follow the setup from the manufacturer for thickness and get buzzing!!!
Wish I would have started years ago!

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go for it. I grabbed a Lincoln MigPak 180 a few years ago. Started with building a welding table out of old shelving. Then welded up holes in the box from the tonneau cover brackets, then licence plate holes. Lately did the handle relocater.
Oh....did a bit of messing around with some exhaust on one of my other trucks.
Fixed a scaffold frame for the BIL for a hunting stand, and modified a jack for my Harley.
It's not rocket surgery, just watch some vids, follow the setup from the manufacturer for thickness and get buzzing!!!
Wish I would have started years ago!
I don’t have anymore room unfortunately. Some day I’ll have bigger garage that won’t have room for a welder either.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t have anymore room unfortunately. Some day I’ll have bigger garage that won’t have room for a welder either.
They don't take up much room.
I have a cart for it and the bottle of gas. Just wheel it around if it's in the way.
If you really wanted one....you would have one by now! Lol
I sooooo wanna move so I can get a detached garage again, woman treats the attached one like a spare room!!! Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welders are addictive, once you have one you can make almost anything you need. You don't have to rely buying stuff that you could make yourself, and do a better job of it.
This 100%. As a carpenter and scaffolder with a mig.....not much I wouldn't tackle. Wether it's a good idea or not, that's for history books and my wife to decide! Lol