iPhone gl1 obd2 scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone tried the gl1 obd2 cable for the iPhone yet? I just ordered mine.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Im trying to download the OBDII scanner for my jailbroken Ipod via Installous, but I dont think installous has a cracked version yet. Where did you find the cable?

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the cable off of amazon.com and downloaded the two free apps from iTunes. There is two other apps that go with it one is five bucks and the other is fifty. The one that is fifty looks like it would be well worth the money as it gives all kinds of parameters and displays I think it is called dashcommand if you google it they show some of the features of that app.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I got the cable off of amazon.com and downloaded the two free apps from iTunes. There is two other apps that go with it one is five bucks and the other is fifty. The one that is fifty looks like it would be well worth the money as it gives all kinds of parameters and displays I think it is called dashcommand if you google it they show some of the features of that app.

Yeah dashcommand is the $50.00 one, it looks like I cant get a cracked version of it, but the cable was $99.99 on 1 site I found, what did you pay?

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was 99.82 I looked and look all over and that was the cheapest I could find it.

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah you can buy the cheap code readers at autozone or offline cheaper but this will do everything a high dollar scanner will do.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if it will do everything a fancy setup will do then its well worth the money. nissan charges $100 just to plug one in and tell you what it says! hell for $150 total i may give this a shot. anyone gotta link to the cord?

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazon has them for sale or just google gl1 obd2 and there you should find one.

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i finally got my gl1 cable the other day and went ahead and bought the 50 dollar dashcommand app for it,and so far im not overly impressed. It works but not like i was thinking or read that it would. Maybe with some more playing with it it will be better but thinking that i should have just found a scanner in that price range that would do what i wanted. Time will tell.