iPhone gl1 obd2 scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah you can buy the cheap code readers at autozone or offline cheaper but this will do everything a high dollar scanner will do.

The TECH-2 that we at GM use is a $4000.00 machine.. I hate to say it, but it seems like the app is a waste of coin.. autozone will plug in a reader for you and give you codes for free...

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah this thing will read codes no problem. And do alot more. I guess I'm just used to using a scanner and this is alot different The more I play with it the better it gets.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I know how to use a scanner like the ones advance auto lets you borrow, or some of the higher end ones like we had at the tech center.

But, are those considered 'live scanners'? or is a live scanner, one you can keep plugged in while driving and it monitors speed, braking and all that?

I had a scanner plugged in to my dads 02' LeSabre and I was reading each wheels speed, that's how I figured out the FR wheel speed sensor was bad. But that's really the only time I scanned while driving.

Can someone shed some light?

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shop I used to work at we had a OTC Genisy scanner and it would read live data that is how I found out which speed sensor was bad on my moms car. This will read some live data but I didn't see any anti lock or brakes on there. The main reason I bought it was to set the timing on my reman engine I'm getting ready to put in my 98 z-71.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is why I'm so jealous of even you guys with genII Vortec motors. TBI is just dino-age BS technology. Gotta get up with a GEN3 install soon.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I would rather have a tbi haha, again it would get swapped out with a built carburated 350, but less electronics to mess with in a swap

Charby

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
dashcommand is what ive found ot shure tho, either way the dashcommand looks sick! ill be getting it soon i think

Reaction score
I have an android phone with the "torque" program. Uses a bluetooth dongle I got off Ebay for 30$ or so. Works like a champ!!! Best part is my laptop has bluetooth I'm sure there are some advanced programs I can use with it as well. Obviously I can't use it on my 88 GMC, it's for my 03 trailblazer

Last edited: