Internal leaking intake manifold gasket, confirm my thought process

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s about 3/16” longer than the gasket I took off. I’m going to go with poor quality, everything else is identical. I’ve never had a problem with FelPro in the past. The previous one came from EngineTech, so I don’t know what brand it really was. I didn’t expect this problem from them. It’s really frustrating to be set back by poor quality parts. I ordered a Mahle/Victor Rentz this time. It should be here Tuesday.

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s about 3/16” longer than the gasket I took off. I’m going to go with poor quality, everything else is identical. I’ve never had a problem with FelPro in the past. The previous one came from EngineTech, so I don’t know what brand it really was. I didn’t expect this problem from them. It’s really frustrating to be set back by poor quality parts. I ordered a Mahle/Victor Rentz this time. It should be here Tuesday.

Which gasket did you go with. Can you send the part number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe it was Mahle MS15688

How’s it going so far? It looks like that’s the rubber gasket that’s inlayed to a plastic housing? Not much different than the felpro

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far so good. They’re all built like this. The fel pro was too long. This one fit better. Make sure you do something to fix up around the coolant ports. I filled the eroded parts with epoxy and smoothed it out before reinstalling the new gasket.

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far so good. They’re all built like this. The fel pro was too long. This one fit better. Make sure you do something to fix up around the coolant ports. I filled the eroded parts with epoxy and smoothed it out before reinstalling the new gasket.

****. My manifold blew out. It has a hole in it. I’m currently looking for a replacement. Also, I’m running a Whipple, so I’m trying to find something more sturdy than the plastic and rubber option.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
****. My manifold blew out. It has a hole in it. I’m currently looking for a replacement. Also, I’m running a Whipple, so I’m trying to find something more sturdy than the plastic and rubber option.

@Supercharged111 has a whipple as well. You could ask what he’s done to make them hold up.