Interior Recolor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Is there anything to support that defrost grate up top? My last one was so cracked and I don't want it to happen again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outlaw

Reaction score
Customizing the instrument cluster! So I have this logo that I have all over my pickup, this Outlaw Edition one, it's this rodeo group my grandpa use to run so he made this decals for publicity. I love the look and sound of having an "Outlaw Edition" pickup, but I can't decide how to put it in my cluster, a small version, could I paint it? I'm not that artistic and I'm worried I'll mess it up, how should I do this? Also, which color should I have the needles? I'm liking white. Thanks again!

SwatDawg15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anything to support that defrost grate up top? My last one was so cracked and I don't want it to happen again

On my 94 the top screws that go through the defrost vent, also support the air duct behind the dash, which sets on top of the air box. So its supported. Now your dash is newer then mine, so Im not sure if yours is the same. Once everything is lined up its solid. Took me a couple try to get it perfect, but once its there, no worries.

SwatDawg15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Customizing the instrument cluster! So I have this logo that I have all over my pickup, this Outlaw Edition one, it's this rodeo group my grandpa use to run so he made this decals for publicity. I love the look and sound of having an "Outlaw Edition" pickup, but I can't decide how to put it in my cluster, a small version, could I paint it? I'm not that artistic and I'm worried I'll mess it up, how should I do this? Also, which color should I have the needles? I'm liking white. Thanks again!

Im not sure on that, but one option is to take the front plastic and have it engraved. I think trophy shops do that kind of thing. That way you wouldn't be messing with the cluster itself. Just an idea

Outlaw

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry I havent posted my progress at all.. Ive been extremely busy getting ready for college, I was accepted into a university in West Australia :D But anyways, I finished this project a few weeks back, just havent had time to post. Once my phone connects ill have all the photos up for you guys to check out! And please critique, I love getting tips and help for improving my project. Thanks!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like Eric 1998s choice and how his change up came out.
I got mine recovered,
You must be registered for see images attach

Y

No, here is a before pic, thanks! I had a friend of mine build the console, here are a few pics..

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your new interior looks grate. The color is awesome in yout red truck, and you did a grate job. It looks like it would have come like that from GM , but knowing these trucks, tells you that is not an OE color. Grate job.
Thanks Kenny!

Outlaw

Reaction score
Wow, that's actually really amazing. I'm super jealous of that haha I'll be putting pictures of mine up soon!

Outlaw

Reaction score
Here's a few! It's not done in these pictures obviously and the carpet didn't really turn out, but here it is! Tell me what I need to improve please!