Interior ideas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler09

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking today, blue interior is kinda out of date lol (in my opinion) so Im thinking about doing it the color of a 2000 S10 charcoal grey color, when I was on the s10 forum I came across some interior spray paint that is almost a perfect match. So thinking I'll do all my trim and dash that color. Also gunna do 99 and up silverado matching leather buckets and back seat. If they fit, anyone know? And for the carpet I want to do a grey molded carpet, has anyone ever bought one of these, and how does it fit?

Just a idea to update my interior.

Also kinda wanna do a sun roof. Does anyone have them in there trucks? Or know a good donor vehicle to take one out of?

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im with ya man... i have blue interior as well but doesnt really bother me all to much... goes with the truck

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Also have the blue interior :puke: Don't like it AT ALL! Looks worse now since the truck was painted black. If I luck out and find a good interior in the junk yard i will jump all over it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
For carpets, specify 'ACC'. Auto Craft Carpets. THE best. They fit perfectly.

When you go to install 'em, install all the floor bolts first. All the seat, seat belt & console ones. Lay the carpet in & get it to where you want it. Make some line-up marks with chalk. The blackboard kind. Roll the driver side back to the center of the tunnel & start glueing it down from there. You want to do the driver side first so that you can get the heal pad to be square to the door opening & the pedals. If you don't get that lined up correctly, you WILL see that everytime you get in.
As you get the carpet down, feel for the bolts & make a small 'X' with a razor knife & pop the bolt head through. Saves a lot of fussing & hunting looking for the holes after the carpet is glued down. X-cab? 2 piece carpet? Do the rear section first.

Good Luck!

Tyler09

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback sewlow58!

im kinda excited to do the color change and im going to do EVERYTHING amp wiring kit, door speakers, etc (more **** ill think of adding) that way it'll be all done at once and i wont have to do anything else.

found the paint information on the S10forum

SEM SURFACE PRIMER
PART# 39133

SEM COLOR COAT
PART# 15303

If anyone else is wanting to shoot for the same color.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm currently going from beige to dark grey/silver.
I'm doing the carpet in Graphite grey and the interior plastics/door inserts in a metallic silver of some sorts. Sanding all the texture out too.

Tyler09

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I seen that in your build thread, looking good so far. I'm gunna keep my texture I can like it. Doesn't bother me as much as the dark demon blue haha

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback sewlow58!

im kinda excited to do the color change and im going to do EVERYTHING amp wiring kit, door speakers, etc (more **** ill think of adding) that way it'll be all done at once and i wont have to do anything else.

found the paint information on the S10forum

SEM SURFACE PRIMER
PART# 39133

SEM COLOR COAT
PART# 15303

If anyone else is wanting to shoot for the same color.

Don't forget some 'Dynamat' or 'Brown Bag' or whatever brand you choose for sound deadening. 70% of your road noise comes through the doors.
In mine, I'm doing EVERYTHING!, including a layer on the inside of the door skin, & another on the inner panel that is removable. A body man's nightmare if the doors ever need to be worked on. I have the original door pins, so I'll have to replace those just because of the extra weight. I'm even gonna do the 'A' pillars.
All that foil is gonna make it look like the interior of a grow-op! LOL!

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinkin of doing pretty much the same thing. I'm going black and probably offset it with a little bit of red or charcoal, or possibly flat black. I'm undeicded. I'm not gonna sand the texture out of mine as I think it looks better/more stockish with the texture.