Installed a plug and play TUNE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Florab0i91

Reaction score
It's been about a week and its running good noticed a difference In Shift points, higher rpm range, and quicker off the line. So far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
congrats, those generic canned tuners work okay, they're not made to be night and day difference, but something. most here, myself included, would recommend a custom tune of some sort over a generic tuner like that, but in the end it just comes down to you and what you want/prefer, and if you're happy with it, then that's what's most important. Glad it seems to be working well.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
I have the same one for my Avalanche. Bought it mainly to correct the speedometer, so the little bit it did help was a nice bonus.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

Florab0i91

Reaction score
I would like to get a custom tune but I don't know anyone around my area can do one. Or even a company / how it would work to get it done. Would I have to send my PCM out or ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2 for Black Bear Performance. Best thing I ever did to my truck. You fill out a form about your truck, they send you a tuned PCM, and you either send yours in to avoid the core charge or you can keep it to have a spare with your factory tune on it (which is what I did). After you swap the new PCM in you'll need to go to a shop that has access to a high end scan tool such as a GM Tech 2 so that you can do a CASE relearn procedure to get rid of your newly glowing check engine light. This is very simple and takes about 15 minutes with a proper scan tool.