Im building a 94 ext cab silverado longbed i am modeling it after my 88 standard cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im building a 94 ext cab silverado longbed i am modeling it after my 88 stand...

Your stock rear end or tranny isn't gonna last long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeonMiller94

Reaction score
Im going to put a modified housing in after i break my stock rearend i dont know witch kind yet but probably gonna keep using the 340 and for the occasional drag using the 411 but im leaning twards race car style drop in rear end housing a few bolts and two pins and were rolling lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

LeonMiller94

Reaction score
The 273 and the 340 really dont seem to make much differance on how good of a burnout it actually responds better with the 340 so im thinking of scraping the 273

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It appears you may have put almost no thought or real research into any of this

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
It appears you may have put almost no thought or real research into any of this
X2

Of your trying to make a race truck you would probably need something like a 4.11 or smaller ratio. It would be too much work to swap ratios everytime you wanna do a burnout or drive it down the road

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I suggest you sell the truck while it runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeonMiller94

Reaction score
Lol om not building a race truck im building a street/cruise/strip truck and id only be changing the gear ratio when i went to the strip

LeonMiller94

Reaction score
Does that explain the moderate sized turbos non racing transmission and it being a longbed yes yes it does i simply am building a powerful unique custom truck is that really so far fetched and yes i put months of research into this one of my buddies who fools with diesels helped me decide on the turbos my bad for being new so i apologize no i dont know much about turbos but im learning yes i do know something about pairing motors and transmissions a ls 5.3 is an odd match to the allison but to make it work you need stand alone wiring harnesses for both and you need to have a flexplate made to make it all come together

LeonMiller94

Reaction score
The bolt pattern on the allison depending on if it was behind an 8100 or a duramax will bolt right up