ideas for exhaust upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95_bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 95 ecsb z71 all stock, i want to upgrade the exhasut. headers or no headers? if no headers should i get a upgraded manifold? 2 pipes with 2 cats and 2 single mufflers and 45 behind rear wheel. i have no experience in parts for vehicles and whats best. im a handyman, welder, i can take it apart and put it back together but i dont know whats best to put on. need help. and fyi i live paycheck to paycheck but some weeks i have a few extra hundred laying around. im willing to save up but i dont want to go to crazy. thanks in advance.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
honestly, this setup sounded great on my dads 1995, Just loud enough to be heard, but quiet enough not to bother anyone, i would recommended it to anyone.

-Flowtech Shorty Headers
-Flowtech Y-Pipe
-3" pipe
-3 Single in/out Flo-Pro (Flowmaster knock off)
-3" tail piep exiting behind rear tire on a 45*
-3" Magnaflow Stainless tip

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
sounds like a nice setup. is there a difference between one muffler and 2 and 1 cat or 2?

most people who run duals use two muffler, Single exit exhaust only use one muffler, and it will also save you abit, and honestly, i like the looks of a nice single full 3" exhaust over 2.5" duals

if you dont have emissons, i wouldn't run cats.

95_bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i want to have two 3" 45 behind the tire and probably a 3.5 or 4" tip. i have emissions so i need cats.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Obviously my truck came with factory true duals up until the stock muffler that was on it, would running a DI/DO and dumping it there be as loud as running a SI/SO on each pipe and dumping them.

ZaneDickerson

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I just put headers on mine...
not worth the trouble. They will leak and barely made any difference in sound.
A LITTLE louder and not much difference in tone.
My setup is pace setter shortie headers, 2.5 true duals with xpipe and 12 inch glasspacks with 4 inch tips.
loudest one around..

Last edited:

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I wanna take the cats off, and run true dual flowmaster 10 dumps, but I dont want my truck running bad from the lack of oxygen sensors.. How bad will it kill my gas mileage doing that?