I want to delete my account.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivanjay

Reaction score
I would like to delete my account also. Not because I dislike this board but because of spam from this site. Just go away does not work. The spam will keep coming. Yes I know about setting preferences. But with 30 years in the computer industry (15 before the internet was born) I definitely understand it a bit better then the ridicules comments in this thread. Nothing in the internet "just" go's aways. Nothing. Just ask Google.

And yes I have contacted admin to find out how.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
I would like to delete my account also. Not because I dislike this board but because of spam from this site. Just go away does not work. The spam will keep coming. Yes I know about setting preferences. But with 30 years in the computer industry (15 before the internet was born) I definitely understand it a bit better then the ridicules comments in this thread. Nothing in the internet "just" go's aways. Nothing. Just ask Google.

And yes I have contacted admin to find out how.

Good luck with that. I have no problem with spam.

sullivanjay

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. Obviously I hate spam. In fact I have gone from thinking the internet was possibly the greatest of mans creations to a cesspool for money and marketing. I believe I should decide what go's on my computer not somone's marketing company. I don't believe people really know how intrusive the internet really is. Content is king and now you wade through the BS to get to the meat. Internets biggest use? ****. Go figure....

I joined this site in 2012. Last week I started getting unwanted mail from this site. Would love to know what changed.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X3, no spam here. The only time I get any emails from this site are when someone PMs me, and that's because I left those notifications enabled. Are you absolutely sure you disabled everything?

sullivanjay

Reaction score
Got this last week. Scrolled to bottom where "unsubscribe" usually lives. Clicked and all done. Yes? No! As stated I joined in 2012 and no mail from this site ever. As the owner of a 1987 K1500, 1995 K1500 and a 1998 c1500 I have used this site for information many times. I don't get it. Something changed for at least me.

The mail message this week:

GMT400 - The Ultimate 88-98 GM Truck Forum
Last week's most popular topics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Title Author
Other Vehicle Builds kkirwan71 and pops 1986 iroc z28 kkirwan71
Paint / Body / Detailing LMC lights jwelsh1238
Exhaust Exhaust a bit too loud Ironfireman
Audio + Electronics Sub box options 350chevy719
For Sale NEW horizontal fog light switch flossinon24s
Paint / Body / Detailing Rusty cab corners canadakustom
Audio + Electronics Horn installation - Do I need the relay? my name is alex
Engine Performance + Maintenance Engine stumbling above 4k RPM Zach Hampton
Engine Performance + Maintenance Extremely high idle??! help? Thatlow95
Audio + Electronics Double DIN in 1999 Suburban mistaake
Axles + Brakes New Truck Rear Axle Assembly conversion deadbeat
Engine Performance + Maintenance Which way does the door connect? 98sierraslt4x4
Wanted WTB: Misc Parts Whitehoe
OEM and Custom Interiors Interior squeak TopdaT
Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits Weak Shock, Weak Spring or Need to Crank Ironfireman
Engine Performance + Maintenance ECM question... Albani
Member Trucks 98 Chevy Silverado k1500 DaltonB98
Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits NBS Denali wheels and Fuzion tires mackguy
OEM and Custom Interiors Underseat jack box removal? 1994
Audio + Electronics HELP WITH VOLTAGE DROP! blue95z71
Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits Question about 285's Ironfireman
Audio + Electronics 1995 NO Crank problem htrd69rs
Engine Performance + Maintenance '94 5.7 compression Todd Savage
Audio + Electronics OEM remote start? Restoguy
Paint / Body / Detailing Will any hood from 92-98 Fit on my truck? Diego0123005
Engine Performance + Maintenance General upgrades BrachtZ71
Axles + Brakes 01 14 bolt SF axle length?? Stokes1114
Full Custom Suspension / Cages / Fab SAS crossover steering Thunderstruck20
1A Auto Are there weatherstrip seals that you need which are not produced 1ATony
Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits 20x8.5 +10 offset suggestions on spacers 98sierraslt4x4

Click here to unsubscribe.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got that same email shortly after the migration of this site over to XenForo. Unsubscribed and updated my preferences one more time, nothing else since then.

sullivanjay

Reaction score
Thanks df2x4, That pretty much sums it up I think. You would think that XenForo would respect settings already in place.
Thanks for the response. This is how the internet works for me. Put issue out there and someone will know the answer to it
I do actually like all the information here so maybe I won't delete myself. My bad that I assumed that my normal personal setting
where still in place.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're welcome! Yeah I thought that was odd, as well. Oh well, simple fixes are always good.

Make an intro thread and post some pictures of your trucks if you feel like it! I was a lurker for info like you for a couple years before I started posting here. Glad I did, this community is pretty great.