I may have found my next exhaust system...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Currently I have
stock manifolds (passenger side cracked)
Factory crossover hacked into true duals
No cats
Flowmaster super 44s
5" tips

I'm sick of it :suicide: idle sounds amazing, then you get that tin can sound in the upper rpm range :suicide:

Since cats are required for a West Virginia motor vehicle inspection, this is the setup I have in mind. (The muffler may change, but WILL NOT be another chambered muffler)

Crossover to 3" exhaust
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/big-11504yflt
Cat
http://m.ebay.com/itm/3-Thunderbolt-Catalytic-Converter-High-Flow-Stainless-Steel-/140941752250
Probably a 12" to 16" glasspack
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/imm-87517
An then a y to 2.5 tailpipes.

Anyone ran a similar setup?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Are you pretty set on duals? I personally think 3" single is best. I like duals on cars/trucks that had them factory, but I feel like its just more weight and $hit that gets in the way and smashed offroad.

Here is a pic of my dynomax race bullet.
You must be registered for see images attach

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Are you pretty set on duals? I personally think 3" single is best. I like duals on cars/trucks that had them factory, but I feel like its just more weight and $hit that gets in the way and smashed offroad.

3" Single is an awesome setup, i had a couple trucks with it, loved it, very throaty.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
true duals no cats shorty headers 18'' glasspacks with 3.5 inch tips sounds amazing trust me that's what my stepside has

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score

I'm pretty dead set on a single 3" with a y and dual 2.5s. I'm thinking I'll pick up some power over the true dual 2.5s. I like dual pipes but think a single muffler sounds better.

I thought you had a y pipe?

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
true duals no cats shorty headers 18'' glasspacks with 3.5 inch tips sounds amazing trust me that's what my stepside has

I think yours sounds badass, but I think a 3" y with 1 glasspack sounds deeper. :shrug: if I keep a complete dual setup, I will want some sort of x or h pipe. I think it sounds a little more balanced.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I think yours sounds badass, but I think a 3" y with 1 glasspack sounds deeper. :shrug: if I keep a complete dual setup, I will want some sort of x or h pipe. I think it sounds a little more balanced.

I love the idle my shortbox has