I love UPS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool! let us know how you like those caltracs I've been eyeing them for a while too.

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After some serious internet searching and some under truck eyeball measuring, i have found the th400 to be 2.25" shorter overall in length, and the mount to be 4.437" (4 7/16" ) farther back. This may pose a problem with that brand new exhaust that i just put on days before the trans lost third gear. I ran my h-pipe right behind the trans crossmember, and i know there isent room to move it back that far. There are several set of holes for bolting the cross member into, its just depends on how it fits, i think i kept the driveshaft from the 454SS parts truck that i took my rearend from but will have to look for it. Of course all this is just speculation untill i get it in and make some good measurements. May give you an idea of how close the crossmember is to the exhaust.

You must be registered for see images attach

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old one is out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its back in, have to have a new driveshaft made, i had the one from the 454ss parts truck i had, but it was too short to use. I am having a new one made with all 1350 u-joints for the added strength. It will still be sitting on jackstands for the next two weeks since i'm due out on Wed morning, (two weeks on, two weeks off). Intresting tid bit, the 1990 454SS trucks dident have the TH400, they had a TH375 which is a 27 spline output shaft.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Its back in, have to have a new driveshaft made, i had the one from the 454ss parts truck i had, but it was too short to use. I am having a new one made with all 1350 u-joints for the added strength. It will still be sitting on jackstands for the next two weeks since i'm due out on Wed morning, (two weeks on, two weeks off). Intresting tid bit, the 1990 454SS trucks dident have the TH400, they had a TH375 which is a 27 spline output shaft.

:wtf: really!

After you get your shaft made, would you mind posting how long it is?

Also, what drivehaft loop is that?

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shaft length from center to center of u-joint is 58.75". You can use the stock cross member, there are a series of holes already in the frame for different transmission mounting points. The driveshaft loop i have is just a Jegs universal, i think it was like $18 on sale, not sure i will be able to use it with the new shaft since its going to be 3" but i'll try and make it work somehow. It's going to cost me $427 for the new drive shaft, built from scratch with HD yokes, and solid 1350 u-joints, seems a bit high, but i think it will be worth it just for the added strength.