700RHD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pauly1119

Reaction score
Trying to understand my truck. Going through paperwork it has a decent size cam and a 383 stroker. Transmission is a 700RHD from monster transmission. Has a 3800 stall converter with auto lock. I’ve been driving it for a few days now and it honestly just feels like a normal driver. I only layed into it one time and it goes pretty good. I know there is a whole section on stall converter and I went through it but I still don’t fully understand. If I wanted to launch do I hold the brake to 3800 rpm?

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to understand my truck. Going through paperwork it has a decent size cam and a 383 stroker. Transmission is a 700RHD from monster transmission. Has a 3800 stall converter with auto lock. I’ve been driving it for a few days now and it honestly just feels like a normal driver. I only layed into it one time and it goes pretty good. I know there is a whole section on stall converter and I went through it but I still don’t fully understand. If I wanted to launch do I hold the brake to 3800 rpm?
What exactly are you expecting the transmission to do? Is it shifting quickly/crisply at WOT or is it lazy/sloppy where it feels like it's "trying to play catch up" with the engine?

Is it missing gears, slipping or exhibitng any other drivability symptoms?

Not really sure what you're asking, if anything.

Pauly1119

Reaction score
No it’s shifting very smoothly, feels much nicer then my other trucks I’ve owned. I was surprised to read it had one, I didn’t know. Asking if I want to take off hard so I just throttle like normal or is there anything special I need to do? I’ve never had a built transmission.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks
If you do end up having issues with it, post here and ill see if i can help (assuming Monster doesnt have a warranty or is outside of warranty or otherwise not covered) but it sounds like it's working fine.