I bought a new truck after the 88 died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The radio tells you what wires go to were. If your dvd player is like mine, if you wire the parking wire to ground it will work all the time. Also your dont need the reverse wire unless you are going to use a backup camera, witch is a nice feature to have. I have one on the pickup and its great when backing up to a trailer or in a tight parking lot.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i dont have the camara for a backup so i can just cap that and forget it? definitely would be a cool feautre to have

as for the adapter that i need will that tell me what wire is what and i can match them?

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah just cap the backup wire. All the main power, ground, speaker wires will match up to the harness. the parking brake wire will be the only one that you will have to figure out. If you want the screen to work all the time without the parking brake on, wire up the radio to a battery and touch that wire to ground or power to see what makes it stay on. Thats how I wired up mine.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking at the picture of your wire diagram, you will have to have an amp to power your speakers as you have no speaker wires coming out of the headunit.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The two RCA jacks are most likely for the back up camera itself, the yellow one is for sure. The blue may be for a Mic or something. Locating the the reverse gear wire is very easy. Just look on your steering column near the firewall, there are two wires coming off a switch that run UP the steering column, the one you are looking for is Green. The parking light wire is a ground switched circuit, so you can just put an eyelet on that wire and ground it to bypass it.

As for your speaker connections, it looks as if your missing a plug in connector pigtail for the back of the radio. If that is the case, you can most likely get a new one through the manufacture or you may be able to snag one on eBay. The two small 18 gauge blue wires on coming out the back of the radio are most likely for a power antenna trigger, and a amp signal trigger if your wondering on those!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the three connectors it doesnt have say didigtal out, minet, and rgb in. i was told they have nothing to do with the speakers and just with external memory and such.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
well i am so lost with this damn truck. the wiper linkage hits the inside firewall or whatever you want to call it. and when i turn on my headlights the defrost, heat, ac, unit turns off. i am far beyond pissed off i want to be able to drive this damn truck without limitations. have no wipers, have no defrost, barely have brakes, turn signal relay is probably shot, and i need pitman and idler arm. and i want to know what this random wire going to my fuse box is connected to.

if i ever meet the previous owner of this truck again im shooting the stupid ******* for making such a mess of this thing. end rant.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If ya lived closer I'd offer to come over with my truck so you could see how stuff was set up.

On the wipers when you put the linkage on did you make sure the motor was in the off postion? It might be that the motor is moving the linkage to far.
The heater is a wire issue somewhere, your gonna have to look at the wiring and see if the PO spliced into it somewhere.