I’m not a gear head I bought it already built

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1992 Chevy k1500 sport with 10 inch lift sitting on 35/12.50R15 I have 4:10 racing gear in rear end but stock up front what will happen if I put in 4 wheel

If I was you I'd pull the front drive shaft until you could get the gears changed, that way you don't forget and put it in 4x4 by accident.

If you want to do both axles I'd reccomend 4.56 gears anyway, 4.10s might be at the very edge of their usefulness with the added wind resistance from a 10" lift. Your transmission will thank you.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I was you I'd pull the front drive shaft until you could get the gears changed, that way you don't forget and put it in 4x4 by accident.

If you want to do both axles I'd reccomend 4.56 gears anyway, 4.10s might be at the very edge of their usefulness with the added wind resistance from a 10" lift. Your transmission will thank you.
Agree with 4.56's

Chrisbeadles

Reaction score
Yeah what I thought but was told as long as I’m in mud or snow so back end can break loose if it needs to it would be OK thinking I might just look for someone with a stock rear end. See about a trade.

Chrisbeadles

Reaction score
Ok now the radio problem I have the tape deck I. My truck and there is power going to it but radio does nothing but when you push recall it flash’s time other then that don’t do anything and without radio tape player won’t work any thoughts

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah what I thought but was told as long as I’m in mud or snow so back end can break loose if it needs to it would be OK thinking I might just look for someone with a stock rear end. See about a trade.
Stock gears + 35's + an automatic = you getting real friendly with a transmission shop. These guys are giving you solid advice on 4.56 gears. You might want to consider a 14 bolt rear end for strength and bigger brakes.