Hunters "Big Nasty" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
heres a pic i snapped on an old bridge at our camp

You must be registered for see images attach

and heres how it looks right now, going to break out the pressure washer soon, if we get a pretty enough day around here...

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
So you don't hate the Toyo's? How would you rate them in mud compared to other mud tires? I've noticed that my cooper stt's have a little more bite in the mud then my Toyo's do even though they have an extremely similar tread pattern

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Mud looks good on it! :lol:

thanks, i think so to, because when its washed i can really see how bad the paint is... lol but its starting to turn green so i guess its time to wash it.

So you don't hate the Toyo's? How would you rate them in mud compared to other mud tires? I've noticed that my cooper stt's have a little more bite in the mud then my Toyo's do even though they have an extremely similar tread pattern

There not horrible. they got me everywhere i needed to go at the camp this year, not with ease but i got around nonetheless, I've only driven vehicles offroad with the old style MTR's, BFG KO's, SS TrXus, SS TSL's, SS Boggers, and these Toyo's. For where i offroad the TSL's are the best. The boggers pull the best but the have no traction if your on a hill, you tend to slid sideways. I personally think my old MTRs pulled better than these toyo's and the TrXus pulled better than the MTRs. and the KO's get stuck in wet grass! Honestly i wish i would have when with the TSL radials over the Toyo's, but i thought it was going to be my DD so thats why i went with them.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
So I haven't really done anything to this truck (or my 97) in a while. Besides and new radiator, heater core, hoses and both temp sensors. Been working a bunch. But the 94 is starting to get some surface rust on the roof and other places. So it's time to do something, obviously it won't be anything fancy, I think OD green rattle can, maybe camo, but OD first. Just wondering if anyone had a better idea or knew how many cans it would take to paint this truck. The one bad thing about OD green is I have blue interior, but I'm really not to concerned about that, it's no show truck. Here's and chop that Thomas did a while back. I will probably remove the moldings. Id like to get some black flares also. But we'll see.