Hunters "Big Nasty" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcbeast

Reaction score
hey hunter just read your entire thread and man you got one badass truck. and in case your still thinking of coverin it with bed liner im gonna warn you what ever you do dont use the cheap harbor fireght stuff, my 94 has a black bed liner paint job on it and it looks like ****. luckily i gotta replace the bed so scrapin it off wont take as long

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
hey hunter just read your entire thread and man you got one badass truck. and in case your still thinking of coverin it with bed liner im gonna warn you what ever you do dont use the cheap harbor fireght stuff, my 94 has a black bed liner paint job on it and it looks like ****. luckily i gotta replace the bed so scrapin it off wont take as long

Thanks man! One reason I don't think I'll bedline it is because it's so hard to get off if I didn't like the outcome.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
How are you liking your 8274?

Haven't used it since last year, and it would pull my truck out. I've since bought a snatch block. I want to upgrade to a 4.5 hp motor and an Albright solenoid. But I also wouldn't mind buying a new winch. I know I could sink a bunch of money in it a have a great winch, but i could take that same money (or less) and buy a brand new smittybilt 12k for $400.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I had a Smittybilt once, and several 8274's, my Smittybilt sounded like it was full of rocks. It never failed or anything... It just wasn't nearly as hefty, quality feeling as my Warn winches. I think I used the Smittybilt about 18 months, sold it, and got another Warn lol.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I had a Smittybilt once, and several 8274's, my Smittybilt sounded like it was full of rocks. It never failed or anything... It just wasn't nearly as hefty, quality feeling as my Warn winches. I think I used the Smittybilt about 18 months, sold it, and got another Warn lol.
Well that's not what I wanted to hear haha

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Well that's not what I wanted to hear haha

Well, it never failed me... It's just, I wheel in Northern Michigan alot. It's cold, it's very remote, and I do stupid ish, because, well, I have a winch, so why not see if I can make it a crossed the creek and up the other bank lol. It never sounded good, it was slow as hell, and it's identical to the ones at Harbor Freight. When it's 18 degrees and you're thirty miles from a road, that may or may not have anyone drive down it this week... Your life literally depends on the winch lol.