Hunter's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The height isn't the problem... It's the fact that the springs won't let it align properly :nono:

Are you sure he removed the knockouts? With those removed it should be no problem aligning it, even if it had the springs and spindles....

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Are you sure he removed the knockouts? With those removed it should be no problem aligning it, even if it had the springs and spindles....

He charged me for it. I'll take a pic later of them. I can't tell a difference :shrug:

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know for a fact that mine are removed. The alignment will be maxed out and I dont think thats good enough either. Or maybe the springs have settled some and it needs to be realigned could be the issue im having with my tires. But the ride is really rough on the front.

Funny story on the alignment knockouts. I paid to have it done back in 04 I think. After I installed the lift springs in summer of '10 (i think), my wife took it to a shop to have it aligned and the guy told her that the knockouts were still there and he would be charging like $150 to knock them out. I was furious, told her to bring it home and i would do it. Got home, checked 3 of the 4 and they were already gone. The guy at the shop (the biggest shop in town btw) was trying to get over on my wife. I only go to that shop now if im in a bind lol.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I know for a fact that mine are removed. The alignment will be maxed out and I dont think thats good enough either. Or maybe the springs have settled some and it needs to be realigned could be the issue im having with my tires. But the ride is really rough on the front.

Funny story on the alignment knockouts. I paid to have it done back in 04 I think. After I installed the lift springs in summer of '10 (i think), my wife took it to a shop to have it aligned and the guy told her that the knockouts were still there and he would be charging like $150 to knock them out. I was furious, told her to bring it home and i would do it. Got home, checked 3 of the 4 and they were already gone. The guy at the shop (the biggest shop in town btw) was trying to get over on my wife. I only go to that shop now if im in a bind lol.

The guy I went to was just as bad. We sent it in (after lift) for tires, I wanted 31's he swore on his kid's lives they would not fit and that he would charge me $140 to trim my fenders. So I went 30's. Then we took it in for alignment and he said the steering linkage was worn out (1" of play). He charged me $100 just to wiggle the tire back and forth :nono: He then wanted to charge me $1300 for the work, more than half of that in labor ($900). My dad and I did it for $115 with free labor of course. So I took it in for the last time last Monday.... It wasn't touched until Monday (1 week), Remember this is the guy who always complains about not having enough business and always telling my dad he is going to sell the business. He claimed he was working on other cars ahead of mine. When I showed up that Monday, there was no one but him, his employee's, mine, and my mom's car in the lot. And guess what he found? A worn out idler arm bracket. Bottom line, I'm sick of this guy's ****... My dad and I told he we would never go there again even though they were our friends.....

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
So the 97 needs a little lovin. It needs a new catalytic converter and new injectors. I'm thinking a magnaflow high flow cat with a single in dual out 24" magnaflow with both duals coming out in the stock location with some rolled chrome tips. I still have to install the 4.11's and I need a tune up.

So questions, which brand injectors? And which brand plugs and wires are the best?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really all you can do injector wise is the upgraded spider. Use AC Delco or Delphi only IMO...

Im very happy with my dui "livewires" an ngk tr5 regular plugs.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the 97 needs a little lovin. It needs a new catalytic converter and new injectors. I'm thinking a magnaflow high flow cat with a single in dual out 24" magnaflow with both duals coming out in the stock location with some rolled chrome tips. I still have to install the 4.11's and I need a tune up.

So questions, which brand injectors? And which brand plugs and wires are the best?

I just did plugs and wires. I ran with Delco Rapid Fires and Napa brand high mileages. It shot my mileage up like 3 full mpgs.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Really all you can do injector wise is the upgraded spider. Use AC Delco or Delphi only IMO...

Im very happy with my dui "livewires" an ngk tr5 regular plugs.

I didn't know if there was much difference in the Delphi of ac Delco. An I was thinking of getting NGK's