Hunter's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Could be your fpr too. Next time hold the pedal to the floor while cranking it. That will disable the injectors an should clear it out. (that's what I've been told anyways)

Whatever you but just get good quality stuff. Vortecs hate cheap ignition parts...

Yeh I need to actually pop the hood and look at it. I very well could be just the fpr.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeh I need to actually pop the hood and look at it. I very well could be just the fpr.

Its with the spider under the upper intake :banghead: maybe you can look through the throttle body an see if you see fuel puddling, or do a pressure check an see how fast it bleeds down...

I have the Bad Boy 305. Only 1 converter!!!

Lucky you then :lol:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Its with the spider under the upper intake :banghead: maybe you can look through the throttle body an see if you see fuel puddling, or do a pressure check an see how fast it bleeds down...

Lucky you then :lol:

You can pop the throttle body off and look in there. So if I go in there I should just replace both.

Idk if I'm lucky. I'd rather have a 350!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I just did plugs and wires. I ran with Delco Rapid Fires and Napa brand high mileages. It shot my mileage up like 3 full mpgs.

What diameter wires would be the best? Any pros of going with a bigger/smaller dia. wire? Summitracing has given me the option of
- 7.00mm
- 8.00mm
- 8.20mm
- 8.50mm
- 8.65mm
- 10.40mm

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
What diameter wires would be the best? Any pros of going with a bigger/smaller dia. wire? Summitracing has given me the option of
- 7.00mm
- 8.00mm
- 8.20mm
- 8.50mm
- 8.65mm
- 10.40mm

I think factory is 7.00mm. I would go to much bigger with a factory ignition system. On every TBI I've ever owned I ran AC Delco rapid fires, AC Delco wires, AC Delco cap and rotor and have never had an issue. Gap the plugs at .35

Now I did not have good Luck with the rapid fires in my vortec so I run AC Delco platinum. But this time I'm getting the ngk's.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Thanks man. I'll probably get ACDelco Rapid fires and some 7mm wires I guess...

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
List of parts to be ordered soon,

- AC Compressor
- AC Accumulator
- Orifice tube
- AC Compressor Hose
- Delphi Spider Injector set
- MOOG Coil Springs
- NGK TR55's Spark Plugs
- Performance Distributors Fire Power kit
- DeeZee Black Diamond Plate Bedrail & Tailgate Covers
- LED Reverse Lights
- Either 3" Blocks or AAL
- Front Outside door Handles & pins & bushings

All to the tune of around $1100 :nono:

Also have to buy 4 new tires For the wires 4Runner and putting some Bilstein Adjustable 5100's on it.

Last edited:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Eventually id like to get a set of KMC XD Addict rims, But that'll be a while.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hunter go eagle alloy 17x9. They are much cheaper. Here they are on mu old 4runner
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

galaxy s3