Hunter's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Awesome build man! Can't wait to see how it turns out! One idea I had was to junk the programmer though and get a tune, they're 1000x better and that will be the very next mod to my truck.
Me to! I need to order it soon. I have a local shop that will order the spindles for me, they quoted me $280 after tax. I need to go get them, but then i have to wait another 2 weeks before i can order tires. Then i still have to find a rearend!
I have nice G80 ten bolt coming out of my truck this weekend probably if you wanna come pick it up. I'll let it go for $200 :rofl:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Awesome build man! Can't wait to see how it turns out! One idea I had was to junk the programmer though and get a tune, they're 1000x better and that will be the very next mod to my truck.

I have nice G80 ten bolt coming out of my truck this weekend probably if you wanna come pick it up. I'll let it go for $200 :rofl:

You aint right! lol i think I'm going to go with a black bear tune, but that will be a little while. the only reason i have the superchips is because my cousin gave it to me!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Me to! I need to order it soon. I have a local shop that will order the spindles for me, they quoted me $280 after tax. I need to go get them, but then i have to wait another 2 weeks before i can order tires. Then i still have to find a rearend!

Are you just doing the 4" spindles or are you doing the complete kit? I was thinking of using the spindles and using larger blocks in the back.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Are you just doing the 4" spindles or are you doing the complete kit? I was thinking of using the spindles and using larger blocks in the back.

I'm getting just spindles. You do not need longer shocks up front and mine only have 8k miles on them. I already have a set of nbs 2in blocks for the rear. i may need longer shocks with those but i have 3in of drop in the rear of my truck and i have factory length shocks so i will cross that bridge when i get there.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
yeah I was worried about the shocks. So I WILL need shocks in the rear with maybe a 3.5" block?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
You will have alot of rake. I wouldnt recommend a block that big. I'd go block and aal if u want to go that high.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
oh yeah i forgot someone told me that was unsafe. it may have been you.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Yeh axle wrap is bad! And get high quality blocks. Not the ones at auto zone. I had one of those almost come out on me that could have been very bad!

Last edited: