Hub assembly bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benualson

Reaction score
Stripped hub assembly bolt. How do I get it outa there?

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Need more descriptive info.

Stripped head or stripped threads?

Broken off or still has a head?

Etc...

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
I am thinking he rounded off the head. One of mine was pretty rusty and had to hammer on a slightly smaller impact socket onto it (1/2" I think)

You can buy special sockets that grip on the flat part of the head rather than the corners

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am thinking he rounded off the head. One of mine was pretty rusty and had to hammer on a slightly smaller impact socket onto it (1/2" I think)

That has worked for me in the pqst. Just hammer on the next smallet sized 12 point socket. It no luck cut the head of the bolt off and with the bearing assembly removed it may turn out with vise-grips. Or easy to weld a nut of remaining bolt and spin out.

The correct replacement bolts are a dealer item and if I remember right around $10 each.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
That has worked for me in the pqst. Just hammer on the next smallet sized 12 point socket. It no luck cut the head of the bolt off and with the bearing assembly removed it may turn out with vise-grips. Or easy to weld a nut of remaining bolt and spin out.

The correct replacement bolts are a dealer item and if I remember right around $10 each.

This is what I did, then used socket head bolts from Fastenal. They are available in the hardest they make, just take an old one with you and replace them all. You'll never round them off, think I paid $10 for a bag of 5 of them.

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
This is what I did, then used socket head bolts from Fastenal. They are available in the hardest they make, just take an old one with you and replace them all. You'll never round them off, think I paid $10 for a bag of 5 of them.

Those bolts are amazing i try to use them for everything i can