How To : Upgrade stock bulbs to 9012/9011 Or HIR1/HIR2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nobody I guess, if you ask you. I'll take my tips and helpful info from non-hacks though thanks. Who ever heard of it being too hard to trim a tab correctly...I guess it's tough for people that can't even figure out how to install HID's. Wow. Really, just wow. :gr_grin: Carry on..

Richard

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK... everyone just calm down... has this been done before-yes
The op us just stating how"HE" made it happen... lighten up people...

When you put your pants on. Does is matter if you put your left leg in first or your right or both at the same time... no it doesnt... you end up with your pants on in the end no matter what...

More ways to do something g then just your way of thinking.. to get things done some actually experiment and if it works for us it works.. no need to shoot anyone down for doing "ANYTHING" differant then you may seem wrong (as long as it hurts no one physically or mentally) that ends up with the same and or better result then you....

To the op... great job making it work for you.. I will be changing my bulbs when I get the chance as well..

sent from what use to be a great country...

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Lmao, who know someone could get all elitist about light bulbs?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I googled it 3 years before you googled it so I'm smarter than you. Na nanna boo boo. Oh.... And my dad can beat up your dad.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I googled it 3 years before you googled it so I'm smarter than you. Na nanna boo boo. Oh.... And my dad can beat up your dad.
You could have told me and saved me some time! Lol

Pampo'sTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HAHA when I was little my Grandpa named Bill taught me to tell people, "My Pa Bill'll Whoop your Ass!"

Walmart didn't have the bulbs. They had the 9006 and 9005 but not the 9012 or 9011's. I'll have to try the parts house next time I get out there.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
HAHA when I was little my Grandpa named Bill taught me to tell people, "My Pa Bill'll Whoop your Ass!"

Walmart didn't have the bulbs. They had the 9006 and 9005 but not the 9012 or 9011's. I'll have to try the parts house next time I get out there.
I know the my local autozone has them, I noticed them when I got some misc bulbs the other day they were pretty expensive compared to Amazon.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
OK... everyone just calm down... has this been done before-yes
The op us just stating how"HE" made it happen... lighten up people...

When you put your pants on. Does is matter if you put your left leg in first or your right or both at the same time... no it doesnt... you end up with your pants on in the end no matter what...

More ways to do something g then just your way of thinking.. to get things done some actually experiment and if it works for us it works.. no need to shoot anyone down for doing "ANYTHING" differant then you may seem wrong (as long as it hurts no one physically or mentally) that ends up with the same and or better result then you....

To the op... great job making it work for you.. I will be changing my bulbs when I get the chance as well..

sent from what use to be a great country...

This wins the internet today. Kudos. Some newer people, like myself, have never heard of this, and would not know to search for it. So I appreciate the OP for posting what he did.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Good write up, but seriously. It was constructive criticism. Just because you weren't the first to do this does not mean this thread is unhelpful and unappreciated. I made a thread on converting you stock radios bulbs to leds. I knew I wasn't the first to do it, I actually got help from another member to be able to make the write up. Richard did not come off as an ass at all in his post. You just took it the wrong way. Just my two cents