How to replace spider injector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96SSilverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm goin to be replacing my spider injector assembly this weekend and was looking for a good site or resource showing how to remove and replace it? Any help wold be gereatly appreciated.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
its not that hard, it took me around 1 hour or so, you need to remove all the sensors from the upper intake manifold, , then take off the fuel lines from the upper manifold as well, i removed my distributor cap as well just so it wouldnt be in the way, there are 10 or so bolts around the upper manifold that hold it down, you do not need to remove the throttle body, it can stay on, getting the upper manifold off can be a little trouble, you just need to work with it and get it loose and then it pulls off, youll feel the injector top catching on the intake manifold but it just pulls off, next once the upper manifold is off, you need to remove the injector hoses from the lower manifold, they just have 2 little clips that you squeeze and pull them out, after all 8 are removed, pull the injector system out by spreading the metal clip that holds it, then putting it back together is just reverse order

96SSilverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man but I already got it done and it was pretty straight forward and I replace it because my truck was cutting out at around 60-70 mph and was getting pretty bad gas mileage. When my check engine light came on I had replaced basically everything but the injectors.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
well thats an expensive thing to go out on a limb about, i was having back firing issues into the intake manifold and it melted mine, i went back with the old injector style and got lucky and only paid $100 or so, but i know the new ones are a few hundred, did it fix your problem?

96SSilverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well thats an expensive thing to go out on a limb about, i was having back firing issues into the intake manifold and it melted mine, i went back with the old injector style and got lucky and only paid $100 or so, but i know the new ones are a few hundred, did it fix your problem?

Yeah I know but that's the only other thing that I could think of it being other than plugs wire cap rotor and coil and all those are new and it can't hurt to replace it anyways but yeah it fixed the problem and my truck drives alot smoother but my check engine light is on still for some odd reason

96SSilverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't remember the code but I got it checked again today and the guy said it was a bank 1 cylinder 5 misfire and said it could be a bad fuel mixture?

96SSilverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that's what the guy was saying too but yeah I'll just start with that and I changed my fuel filter today for the hell of it cuz I had a new one layin around and I went with the newer ones cuz I read they were more efficient compared to the origional ones