How to raise your OBS gas tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong post, Lane change bad drivers. getting there. I like starting at most recent post, and reading into the past Questions ( trying to catch up in Canada) the deviations of conversation Circa 60s Mr. Kimble and Oliver on the Green Areas.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great write up, looks fairly simple.....
Question, I understand that the C2500 light duty (6 lug) 14 bolt rear axle, has a gas tank that site a bit higher due to the frame size....
Can anyone confirm?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Great write up, looks fairly simple.....
Question, I understand that the C2500 light duty (6 lug) 14 bolt rear axle, has a gas tank that site a bit higher due to the frame size....
Can anyone confirm?
Same gas tank and setup as a 1500. There's no big mystery to a 2500LD, it's essentially a 1500 with a couple tiny gussets added to the frame, a better rear axle (with better rear brakes), an extra leaf spring in each pack, and 6 lugs instead of 5.

Richard

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same gas tank and setup as a 1500. There's no big mystery to a 2500LD, it's essentially a 1500 with a couple tiny gussets added to the frame, a better rear axle (with better rear brakes), an extra leaf spring in each pack, and 6 lugs instead of 5.

Richard
Excellent information, thank you for chiming in on this.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Excellent information, thank you for chiming in on this.
Oh, and higher insurance rates, because they don't see a distinction in models - they just consider it a 2500. At least in my experience. Two nearly identical trucks on my policy at one time - a '94 C1500 5.7 ECSB, and '94 C2500LD 5.7 ECSB, the 2500 cost noticeably more. :(

Richard