How to put the modern GM door chime in the older 95-99 Gm trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasBlazer98

Reaction score
I have been wanting to see if it is possible to put the GM "Bong" Chime in place of the older gm buzzer. The same chime used on 03-06 GMT800 trucks and cadillacs. The modern chime on most new gm vehicles today. Please give me a reply

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Depending on the year, the chime in the newer trucks is either part of the BCM (99-02) or part of the truck's computer routed through the stereo speakers (03+).

You can get the chime module from a variety of GM cars from the 80s and 90s. I pulled one from if i recall a camaro and a oldsmobile and both have different chimes. One is very similar to the BCM chime in my 02 GMC.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Disconnect ALL chimes!!! I have enough people me I`m a dumb*ass`. Don`t need my inanimate truck `chiming`in on that, too! Lol!

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cant remember exactly what year it was, but I do believe it was the early 00s camaro chime that is a pnp replacement for our chimes that I'm really interested in finding a pn for it to use in my burb.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I grabbed one from a 90s fbody that bongs and its so much better than the constant buzz.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Where is the chime module located?

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Where is the chime module located?

On the firewall next to the parking brake beneath the dash. It's the big square sticking out on the right side of that fuse block.

I had a '90's Roadmaster chime in mine. Much nicer than that annoying drone that comes in these trucks.
You can pull chimes out of many 80-90's GM vehicles (Camaros, Firebirds, Caprice, Roadmaster, etc)

Here is a video someone posted on Youtube of a Camaro chime in a GMT400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s9szeHcYG0

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You da man!

I wonder if you could do a custom job on this. I really enjoy the newer Chrysler chimes.