BIZARRE end to the hunting/stumbling idle issue on my ‘95.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to find good parts without all the searching everywhere and checking the forum to see if you just got had. Too many choices these days. Cheaper price can be a red flag. Who do you trust?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to find good parts without all the searching
“What is and What Should Never Be” :Rock on:
Whatever the rules are, you gotta do what you gotta do. I’ll spend an extra hour searching for a better part if it means better quality and/or a better price, considering how long that part might be in service.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the same slight off-idle stumble. I did change the EGR a couple of years back, and I just got the new one from the parts store, but when I think back, one had the restriction in the vacuum connection and one didn't. What would be correct for my 1990 C1500 305?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to find good parts without all the searching everywhere and checking the forum to see if you just got had. Too many choices these days. Cheaper price can be a red flag. Who do you trust?
I’ll spend an extra hour searching for a better part if it means better quality and/or a better price, considering how long that part might be in service.
A "Crush Sleeve Eliminator Kit" for a Ford 8.8 is about $70. A "Solid Spacer Kit" is $15. Exact same parts. My rule is to always buy from a reputable vendor.

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try to get a parts house that has someone who actually knows about trucks , someone trustable that will be honest about what you are getting. Unfortunately most of the counter guys don't know squat about parts so we are on our own. I can remember getting guys to cross refernce shocks and mounting hardware, actually knew something. Nowadays lucky if they can read parts catalog and find the part I need. Anyone remember Hollander books? Cross reference bible from my dismantler days. Sorry for the rant.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I try to get a parts house that has someone who actually knows about trucks , someone trustable that will be honest about what you are getting. Unfortunately most of the counter guys don't know squat about parts so we are on our own. I can remember getting guys to cross refernce shocks and mounting hardware, actually knew something. Nowadays lucky if they can read parts catalog and find the part I need. Anyone remember Hollander books? Cross reference bible from my dismantler days. Sorry for the rant.

Books? Only folks I know with books is Napa. The rest are keyboard monkeys.

You must be registered for see images attach

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I've proven that even going to the big NAPA warehouse -with part #'s in hand- you run into dummies and can potentially leave without the parts you want/need.

Richard

I have always asked to speak with commercial or be taken to the catalog rack when the computer fails to provide. Oreilly stores usually have two sets of catalogs. One behind the front counter and one in the commercial area.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before I was able to drive, I was working in the local auto parts , AC Delco, affiliate. Your high speed parts stock if not in store ? Pick the phone dial the warehouse. The Delco parts came in these really cool amazing containers. You pull this heavy thread and opens the heavy paper stock. I have a couple as loose stuff bins.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before I was able to drive, I was working in the local auto parts , AC Delco, affiliate. Your high speed parts stock if not in store ? Pick the phone dial the warehouse. The Delco parts came in these really cool amazing containers. You pull this heavy thread and opens the heavy paper stock. I have a couple as loose stuff bins.

Those are cool, kind of remind me of the Tuneup in a can.

Years ago we moved a shelving rack at a Nissan dealership that had been in business since the later 70s and ran across this. When was the last time anyone saw a genuine Datsun part?