Finally fixed my off-idle stumble!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been chasing an off-idle hesitation and poor light throttle performance for a few years now. When I first started trying to sort it out, I did all the regular tune up stuff, including a new EGR valve.
After reading a couple of posts on here, I pulled the EGR and had a good look at it. The port on it was open and it had a blue dot near it.
I got a new one and sure enough, the port on it had the restriction. The one that was on there was wrong. I installed the new one and it drives like new now.

Attachments

• 20230822_140953.jpg
    20230822_140953.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 39

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been chasing an off-idle hesitation and poor light throttle performance for a few years now. When I first started trying to sort it out, I did all the regular tune up stuff, including a new EGR valve.
After reading a couple of posts on here, I pulled the EGR and had a good look at it. The port on it was open and it had a blue dot near it.
I got a new one and sure enough, the port on it had the restriction. The one that was on there was wrong. I installed the new one and it drives like new now.

Thanks for sharing, especially that really sharp photo -- I've seen this
discussed elsewhere, but that photo makes it really clear what we need
to look for when troubleshooting.

Nice job!