How to MarkVIII your OBS on a budget..!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlarson69

Reaction score
I just got a Tbird fan and a volvo controller out of the junkyard. I was thinking instead of running the BMW temp sensor, I would run just a single temperature switch and install it in my passenger side head. Maybe one that turns on at 210 degrees and turns off at 200? With my clutch fan my engine runs right at 200 degrees and I think I'd like it to stay there. It seems with the BMW 195 temp that the fans would run all the time in the summer. I could run one lead from the AC compressor to the volvo relay to turn the fan to high speed with the AC running and for the low speed I'd run it off the single temp switch. Thoughts?

spartansaint

Reaction score
I'd like to do this for my 97 chevy k1500, but I'm needing some help with the electrical understanding

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Well I finally got some time to work on the truck again. I installed the Efan setup that I have been sitting on for awhile LOL!

You must be registered for see images attach

I did the best I could to make it look stock as possible. Aside from the relay that says Volvo on it LOL! Once it was done I fired it up and let it ru. For awhile to see it cycle and make sure all was good. Needless to say it is working great. Still not sure about the running temps yet. I changed the thermostat to a 180* because I read somewhere that the stat should open about 10* before the fan kicks on. I watched it cycle a few times and it seems to be working great. Quiet and doesn't stay in for very long, also standing in front of the grill I can feel the air getting sucked in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Little bit of naphtha and a q tip should take care of that Volvo logo. Lol.

spartansaint

Reaction score
Well I finally got some time to work on the truck again. I installed the Efan setup that I have been sitting on for awhile LOL!

I did the best I could to make it look stock as possible. Aside from the relay that says Volvo on it LOL! Once it was done I fired it up and let it ru. For awhile to see it cycle and make sure all was good. Needless to say it is working great. Still not sure about the running temps yet. I changed the thermostat to a 180* because I read somewhere that the stat should open about 10* before the fan kicks on. I watched it cycle a few times and it seems to be working great. Quiet and doesn't stay in for very long, also standing in front of the grill I can feel the air getting sucked in there.

That looks great! What'd you use in the radiator hose?

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
That looks great! What'd you use in the radiator hose?

Thanks.

I ordered the tube from here.

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_TPI-TBI_Brass-Tees.html

I got it in 1-5/16 x 14mm x 1.5P.

Although I may be changing it out since the temps are staying to low. I’m going to get either a 200 or a 210 temp switch then swap the thermostat back to the stock 195. That way the engine will get up to proper operating temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Ok so today I put the 195 thermostat back in. It seems to have made the difference I was looking for now the temps get up to the 200-210 range and hover in that area like it's supposed to. We'll see how well it stays working out. I am however going to look for a key on positive to hook in line somewhere so when I shut down the engine the fans go off too.