How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierra97

Reaction score
huh lol mind sharing how you hooked it up? and even with orange, grey and black/white, still nothing, might have to grab anouther dic off anouther truck

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
huh lol mind sharing how you hooked it up? and even with orange, grey and black/white, still nothing, might have to grab anouther dic off anouther truck

Could be the DIC. Oh let me tell you, we had one hell of a time. I was looking at the radio connector the wrong way so it wouldn't read right. We just used like 7 conductor phone wire, ran it down and hooked it up to the correct spots listed in the original post. But for the DIC to have MPGs and stuff it has to be the US/MET and MODE button DIC. Preferably from a long console because then the compass thing is built in (So I was told.) Honestly I don't remember what colors went where and stuff. We just used the sheets from the first post.

sierra97

Reaction score
haha ya alright, thanks for the info, so i have to plug it to the radio to work? i cant give it power from anouther source? and i have the dic with those buttons, but it came from a short console, which is find by me i dont plan on using the compass on the dic because my mirror has it, i just want it for outside temp, or would i be better off wiring the temp into my mirror? sadly i dont have much time to work on the old girl until around june

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha ya alright, thanks for the info, so i have to plug it to the radio to work? i cant give it power from anouther source? and i have the dic with those buttons, but it came from a short console, which is find by me i dont plan on using the compass on the dic because my mirror has it, i just want it for outside temp, or would i be better off wiring the temp into my mirror? sadly i dont have much time to work on the old girl until around june

No youd be better off running power out of the lights. That's where my power comes from

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to put the overhead in my 96 and install this, would changing out to the 0411 pcm fix the non working parts from a 96 model pcm?

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

chaingun427

Reaction score
The only thing you would be missing on the 96 pcm is range, and its inaccurate on the 98 up anyways. Inless you plan on doing the swap for other reasons I wouldnt do it just for the dic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

chaingun427

Reaction score
Then you might get a range reading ( not sure as I dont have a 411) but unless you can somehow get the reading from the tank to match a blazer it's still going to be inaccurate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With a 0411 swap you lose some functions of the DIC. I don't remember what exactly you lose but I think you lose two of them. Ask CrewCabSteve I think his name is. He has the 0411 swap and a DIC