How to: 95-98 OBS and 99-02 NBS Steering Wheel Audio Control Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a 97 truck with the old style leather wheel what do i do to swap it for the 98 up wheel with SIR

cturner

Reaction score
Awesome post!! I just may do this on the new truck.

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
WELL! i like this mod!! old post i know but i have a couple questions.
will the clock spring from an S series not work or does it HAVE to be the denali clock spring mentioned on the first post???
and
what years S series are we talking about 98 - 02?

jgreen-fsi

Reaction score
Thanks to the OP for taking the time to write this up. I did it to my Suburban today and it works great.

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is OBS and NBS? Where did you get the switches at? I have a 98 that I would like to do this to with a good after market cd/dvd /nav/ back up cam unit any suggestions and where - how do I get the steering wheel parts

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
What is OBS and NBS? Where did you get the switches at? I have a 98 that I would like to do this to with a good after market cd/dvd /nav/ back up cam unit any suggestions and where - how do I get the steering wheel parts

Both times I sourced the parts on ebay and in the junkyard. Vehicles that had these controls would be:

1998-2005 S-Series SUV (Blazer, Jimmy, Envoy, Bravada)
2001-2002 GMC Denali SUV and Pickup
2002 Cadillac Escalade