Home Brew Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I understand. I just figured it would be easier. So if I run duals how will I go from having 1 o2 sensor to two? and will it be a straight shot back or will the gas tank be in the way?

I'm up for duals as long as It doesn't cost me an arm and a leg compared to a single setup. Will it be much louder than a single setup?

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I understand. I just figured it would be easier. So if I run duals how will I go from having 1 o2 sensor to two? and will it be a straight shot back or will the gas tank be in the way?

I'm up for duals as long as It doesn't cost me an arm and a leg compared to a single setup. Will it be much louder than a single setup?

The o2 question is a good one, but for the duals, they are ran side by side all the way back past the rear axle, then the left bank goes off around where the spare tire is supposed to be.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so is this a better looking plan that shouldnt be too loud?

Long Tubes
2.5' reducer to 2.25"
2.25" pipe all the way back
2 magnaflow highflow cats
2 magnaflow 18" mufflers
2 3.5x18" tips 45 degrees by bumpers

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The o2 question is a good one, but for the duals, they are ran side by side all the way back past the rear axle, then the left bank goes off around where the spare tire is supposed to be.

If it's the 95 yukon in the sig, then the O2 sensor will more than likely be just like my 95 sierra and my 94 yukon, made to run on 1 bank of cylinders(driver's side). As for the true duals, the only negative effect will be uneven tones/pressures(unless you like having 1 pipe sounding higher pitched than the other). If ya don't understand what I mean, then listen to a v-twin idling with a cheapo dual exhaust....if the distance from the head to the tip is shorter(like on the rear cylinder of a v-twin) the tone will be higher pitched, hence why the more expensive setups use equal-length headers. This was the same problem I was having with my 95, and it was very noticeable when both windows were rolled down, passenger pipe was not only higher pitched than driver's, but it tend to crackle/rasp at different rpms....it was interesting to say the least, lol.

-Mike.