Home Brew Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
All this scavenging talk is interesting haha but lets face it i like the idea of only having to buy one muffler. Ive made up my mind on 2.25" pipe from the headers back through 2 cats and a di/do magnaflow. Once im home from school in two weeks ill find a shop to do it and have vids up for all to enjoy!

All the independent shops around here really push their Flo-Pro exhaust, claiming they are made in the same factory as flowmasters, and sound exactly the same, they say (Its a flowmaster muffler, without flowmaster written on it). I know Sully has them.

A guy I know had a shop put 2 of them flo-pros on with his true duals straight pipes, with longtube heddman headers, well the welds were ****, so the shop re did it but gave him 2 free flowmaster 40s instead. Big difference in sound.

EDIT: I totally missed the point I was getting at, and I forgot now. Damn.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the independent shops around here really push their Flo-Pro exhaust, claiming they are made in the same factory as flowmasters, and sound exactly the same, they say (Its a flowmaster muffler, without flowmaster written on it). I know Sully has them.

A guy I know had a shop put 2 of them flo-pros on with his true duals straight pipes, with longtube heddman headers, well the welds were ****, so the shop re did it but gave him 2 free flowmaster 40s instead. Big difference in sound.

EDIT: I totally missed the point I was getting at, and I forgot now. Damn.

Hahaha spacing out much?

im sold on the magnaflow i love the way they sound and how little drone they have since there straight through. They dont make a di/do 18" though for 2.25" only a 14". Would a 14" 2.25" sound too loud?

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love my flowmaster, its sounds awesome when ya step on her, but its quiet at cruise. I hate drone. I fully recommend the flowmaster 50 series.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
All this scavenging talk is interesting haha but lets face it i like the idea of only having to buy one muffler. Ive made up my mind on 2.25" pipe from the headers back through 2 cats and a di/do magnaflow. Once im home from school in two weeks ill find a shop to do it and have vids up for all to enjoy!

A properly sized Y pipe can create a scavenging effect also. You could send it from the cat's into a Y then into a SI/DO muffler. Not really a set up I would be into but it might fit what you're wanting.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
They dont make a di/do 18" though for 2.25" only a 14". Would a 14" 2.25" sound too loud?

Idk if you'd wanna use them or not, but Thrush has their di/do available in fully-welded and standard rolled lip design, the welded(part#: 17637) is usually a lil more, but it has a 23" body with 2.25" piping....the standard(aka turbo) muffler(part#: 17654) has 2.5" piping with a 20" body. I went the cheap route and got the standard muffler(rolled lip) and had my piping stretched to fit the 2.5" inlets/outlets.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Thrush mufflers are great for the price.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was set on thrush but magnaflow is straight through and ive been told they dont have near as much drone

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about running a dual 2.25" in dual 2.5" out magnaflow. Would this be a good muffler to use?