high school technical school doing body work on truck a good i dea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
See if you can take a look around the shop and see if they look like they are doing decent work.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
I'm not sure a tech school will tackle rust repair, I know of a few "body shops" that wont. Most schools teach collision repair, frame straightening and painting. They will paint a new door and put it on, install a whole new quarter panel by drilling out the spot welds. But cutting out rust and welding in patch panels is kind of going by the wayside.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure a tech school will tackle rust repair, I know of a few "body shops" that wont. Most schools teach collision repair, frame straightening and painting. They will paint a new door and put it on, install a whole new quarter panel by drilling out the spot welds. But cutting out rust and welding in patch panels is kind of going by the wayside.

The tech school fixed the rust issue on my Mustang along with quarter panel, had a rust hole in the trunk they cut it out, welded a new peice in and sand blasted and painted the rest came out mint

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

biggy-p

Reaction score
see im wondering if they will have my windshield removed and fix the rust around it.

biggy-p

Reaction score
Did you ask them?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

i havnt im currently overseas so i cant really take care of stuff like that, ive sent a couple of emails to a couple of schools nd got nothing back, my wife is home and she said she would look into it for me, but has been terribly busy so i was trying to just find out if anyone on here had done it and what not since i hadnt got a response form the tech schools yet.