High miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Campoli

Reaction score
Change oil once a year what ??? I change every 2,500 and I use royal purple and wix
Sometime I use wolfs head but I still change it like 3 times a month good god once a year

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Change oil once a year what ??? I change every 2,500 and I use royal purple and wix
Sometime I use wolfs head but I still change it like 3 times a month good god once a year

Your wasting a ton of money if your changing out royal purple at 2500 miles. That stuff is still fine at 10,000....

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Your wasting a ton of money if your changing out royal purple at 2500 miles. That stuff is still fine at 10,000....

X2 that is like the best you can buy. Especially at $10 per quart.

Sent from Robland

Campoli

Reaction score
Yea but 10k I don't know about that I use to wait 7,500 on my wife's cts and 5k tops on the 2000 explorer I just don't trust much more on my truck I need it to survive can't take the risk ya know

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Yea but 10k I don't know about that I use to wait 7,500 on my wife's cts and 5k tops on the 2000 explorer I just don't trust much more on my truck I need it to survive can't take the risk ya know

That's how I am I change at 3000k but this time I'm letting it go till 4000k its running on mobil1 extended performance + mobil1 extended performance filter. I am at 303,xxxK on my TBI 350 the engine is getting a little louder these days but its still performing well. I also wonder how long it will last, its kind of a fun game. I am proud of my trucks mileage.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm almost at 367,000 right now on original engine. Never been touched. The little safety metal tabs on the manifolds aren't even bent. Not burning oil either. I just change the oil every 5k. I bought it with 30 something k drove it to 159. My wife's son put another 200k and I got it back.
Still has plenty of power. I'm expecting to get 500k before a rebuild. I don't race or over rev it in park. Mostly freeway miles.
I already rebuilt the front suspension and all steering. Going to paint it in a few months. Well I'm not. I'll have it done at a body shop.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
mine only has 168k but one thing I do other then general maintenance is I swap timing Chain and a water pump every 100k on the chevys, (pushrod motors) mainly because im paranoid its gonna skip a tooth, which has happened to me twice.

on a bonus fresh new chain tightens up the tolerances and can wake her up a little bit.