Helps. Can't get timing to cylinder 1 tdc on distributor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello, I did a motor swap and in process did intake manifold gaskets and new mpfi as well. So that meant pulling the dist. I thought I had it marked properly put it in and now car won't start. I turned motor to #1 tdc pulled cap off rotor and its pointing here. Which is not at 1 or 6.... from what I can tell there isn't enough adjustment on dist cap to be able to adjust it accordingly. It hit the intake manifold. It pops thru intake now. Any advice is appreciated.

See what I mean it's pointed at closer to 8 than anything.

You must be registered for see images attach

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what it seems no. It doesn't sit all the way down. I'll try again

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I remember right, that hold down screw tab will nearly hit the intake when the CMP retard is set correctly. Here's the factory procedure for stabbing the distributor:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys rock! Thank you so much for that!! Got it running, but it definitely doesn't have any balls right away. Do I need to drive it for it to learn or do I still need to do more? It will free rev pretty good but driving under load it is really sluggish... tips?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The MPFI swap on mine was immediately noticeable. Did you set the CMP retard/offset? Are you getting any trouble codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i haven't done anything besides get it running and started and went for a short drive around the block and that's when I noticed the sluggish side.

Just ran codes and I got this

whytry

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both of the codes are same. Just top right where it says 1/2 the next code is same but shows 2/2