help on removing glue from a bug deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRT41320

Reaction score
3m stripe off wheel it will come off in seconds. I just removed all my side trim and used one of these wheels. They work great.

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i used some goo gone and it worked perfect. the only thing is when i took it off i pulled it when it was not heated and it took some little picies of the clear coat off, but the bug deflector was on there for 16 years now, so i cant complain really.

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
I jus put rain guards on over the weekend. My passenger side is a little high. Wanna take it off an move it down without screwin up the paint. Can I buy new glue strips somewhere? I jus spent 60 bucks on these so I don't wanna buy more lol

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I jus put rain guards on over the weekend. My passenger side is a little high. Wanna take it off an move it down without screwin up the paint. Can I buy new glue strips somewhere? I jus spent 60 bucks on these so I don't wanna buy more lol

Two pieces of wood and some fishing line can be used to cut the foam tape. Then remove the remainder with goo gone, eraser wheel, your finger, etc.

Buy some 3m molding tape and stick it back on. 3m tape is what they use in the first place. It reaches maximum hold 24 hrs after application...

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Two pieces of wood and some fishing line can be used to cut the foam tape. Then remove the remainder with goo gone, eraser wheel, your finger, etc.

Buy some 3m molding tape and stick it back on. 3m tape is what they use in the first place. It reaches maximum hold 24 hrs after application...

Ok cool. Thanks for the info. On my to do list this weekend!!