HELP!!! MY TRUCK WONT START!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RnuovZ71

Where does that bolt go?
Reaction score
SO I WENT TO GO START MY TRUCK AFTER MY LUNCH BREAK AND IT WONT START. THE LIGHTS AND EVERYTHING TURN ON LIKE NORMAL BUT NOTHING HAPPENS AT THE STARTER. NO CLICKING OR ANYTHING. ITS NEVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE PLEASE HELP. I HAD TO LEAVE HER AT THE RESTAURANT PARKING LOT. I WILL BE GOING BACK TONIGHT ONCE I GET OFF WORK. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THING IT COULD BE?

Starter, or the contacts. that would be my semi educated guess lol

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
x3 on the starter. Could try tapping it gently with a hammer and have someone start it. Sometimes it will start for you once or twice, but most of the time when they go...they're done.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I wouldn't count on hitting it and getting it to start. My 98 would be going fine I would shut it off and go back to start it no more than 20 minutes later and nothing. I can no replace a starter on these trucks in 15 minutes no problem.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I changed the one in my ex's 2wd 06 gmc in 20 minutes. So I guess the lower trucks do add a few minutes.

TTZ06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the clutch switch and bypass it. Also check all fuses and the starter relay ( if these trucks have one )