headlights/taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone got any good suggestions for good looking headlight and tail light set ups for my 95? i'm looking at getting some led tail lights possibly but if the price ain't right i'll stick to standard. and led parking lights would be awesome too

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why people go for the LED parking lights, honestly.

You could go for the LED tails, but if you want a cheaper route there are taillights on eBay that have the same lens, but the inner casing runs on the same board that your tail lights run on now, look quite a bit nicer than stock. You could tint those tails + your 3rds, and your front corner lights, and than get new TYC Elegante headlights and bumper lights. Common yet clean look.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
whats the advantage of the tyc? cause i wanna get crystal clear parking/turn signals too. and yea smoked tailights may be the way i'm heading or the cheap ebay ones. the only problem is i don't want them to leak and cause more problems

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
whats the advantage of the tyc? cause i wanna get crystal clear parking/turn signals too.

They look best, fit best and work the best of all of the aftermarket clear headlights you can buy. I have tried MANY different brands and styles over the years and the TYC Elegante lights are the only ones that I have ever been happy with. You will pay considerably more for them, but you get what you pay for.

You must be registered for see images attach

Most of the really cheap eBay headlights are going to stick out when you mount them and make your truck look bug-eyed. A lot of them are made with really cheap materials too and will yellow before their time.

For taillights, I think the stock-ish looking LEDs are the best taillights out there for these trucks. I'm running them on my Suburban as well. They still have a slightly updated stock look, but give the look and function of LEDs.

And like Greg said, you can get the same design of taillights in a non-LED version...

LED

Non-LED

I got my LED tails off of eBay for just over $120 shipped, but you can now get them for under $110 shipped the last time I checked.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
those look good. where did u get them at? i need to find my best option. and does tyc make the clear side markers? and will throwing hids in there be a problem if i do the 4hi mod

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought mine from Auto Parts Warehouse. They were the best price online for the Elegante headlights, but it seems they no longer carry TYC. Your best bet now is going to be Stylin' Trucks.

The Elegante headlights are going to be about your best bet for HIDs short of doing a proper HID projector retrofit.

My 4500K DDM Tuning HIDs with the hi-4 mod...

TYC doesn't make clear corners. TYC prides themselves on being DOT compliant and street legal, which clear corners are technically not.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
see i figured i could get away with the clear corners. but yea i saw that they were discontinued. but that does look alot better with the hids and clear lights. i was looking at geting 8000k but i probably go with 6000k now. thanks for your help!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah TYC's are great, I have a couple of set's of them right now and no yellowing or leaking, also don't buy IPCW or in pro car wear, I personally have had two set's of them and they turn yellow and leak fast.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea thats what i'm looking for! probably gonna get the parking lights first then when i get my hids get the the headlights themself. as for corner lights i haven't decided might just keep em stock