Headlight Housings / projectors for HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea they are damn expensive... I think if u get the projector housings and shrouds, a guy of ur expertise will b able 2 fab up the rest...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do not think (i'm at work now, can't check) I have that much room behind the metal that was cut here in this pic ... Maybe I can do some rearanging, but damn, this might be ALOT of extra work ... I'n definately going to look into this, It looks like a fun chalenge !!!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Think I will get the housings first that will work in this application, then try and get the rest ... Which housings would you guys suggest for this ...
I like the black or smoke more than just the clear ... but my options are what will work the absolute best ...

bdubyah

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of people use JB Weld or stuff like it. There was a thread here I was reading, but I can't remember what the stuff he used was called.

I emailed TRS about what I needed since I already have a 35w DDM HID kit, and they said I only needed the Morimoto Mini H1 projectors and the H1 bulbs. The projectors are like $120 and the bulbs are around $25 for a set. I think it was around $155 shipped, if I remember right. They said I could just tap into the high beam wires to activate the solenoid on the projectors. I haven't ordered any parts yet, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for what you do.

My plan was to install them in the low beam side and then buy a 9005 pigtail and tap it into the parking lights. Then I was gonna buy a 9005 style LED light to use in the high beam spot. It'd kinda be like an extra running light/DRL thing.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guess I need to fall back into reality, thats alot of money to spend before MECA world Finals ...
maybe later ... However, these might can be retrofitted later, no need to buy projectors just to tear them apart to upgrade ... what you guys think ??
are these any good ?? What do you guys think would look better on my truck ??

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Custom/Headlights/Euro-Black-Headlights/534275/
http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Custom/Headlights/Euro-Smoke-Headlights/534276/

I like the Smoke ...
MOBS, if you are reading this and think you can make/find me a better deal, text me and let me know please ...

Thanks guys

bdubyah

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are the kind I plan on using for my retrofit. I just hate the horizontal lines on the lenses.