headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
hay guys I purchased a set of these ( E-Bay item 130509548723) and I am using them on my 1997 K1500. they are pretty much the same as the correct year headers without the EGR provisions, which I do not need. just thought you all would like to know, and yes they came polished, and are SS.:smokin:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nothing new, I bought the same headers for $122 shipped from ebay, polished ss and were shorties with ball ends. I been telling ppl about em forever.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
nothing new, I bought the same headers for $122 shipped from ebay, polished ss and were shorties with ball ends. I been telling ppl about em forever.

well! ya didn't tell me!!! LOL So how long have you had them on ur rig and how are they holding up? how do you like em,? and did they help any? and yes these are the same ones.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
been on for about a year now. You'll lke em buddy. They still look good, not polished/chrome looking, they are blueish and amber like colored but still look good. No leaks. I used the hardware that came with em and the block side gaskets. Everyone says to ditch both, I did not. They bolted right in place and saved me alot of money. The cheap black painted ones from summit are almost the same price.

I had a thread on here about em, in the exhaust section I think, just have to search.

ONLY downside, tight to get to the plugs, I used an offset 5/8 wrench, and open end and box end 58 along with a socket and ratchet on some. Basically the last 2 on each side were the tight ones to get to. I could get them pretty good, but short strokes, like 1/8 or 1/4 turn at a time.

As for a difference, eh not really. Maybe but I'm not sure, I had leaking manifolds, bad donut gaskets and cracked, not to mention they were warped too.

You'll have to get your egr removed from the computer or else it'll throw the light on with it being gone, plus the egr plate for the intake.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
Swims350 Yup on the reprogram already, I am going to be running an ls1 style ECU programmed for my special setup. Hay I wonder if that is like special ED at school, I R Smaaarrtt, LOL

Ya I have them mocked up and tried to install the plugs on the stand, it did not appear to promise an enjoyable time in the truck!!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOl put em in with the headers off, outside the truck, then throw the headers on and drop it in.