Headers and Y pipe alternatives, replacing thorley headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MazingerZ

Reaction score
Hello,

My 1997 2 door Tahoe 4WD, has Thorley Headers (THY 301YFED) but are cracked and need replacement, my Y pipe is also in poor condition and need to get new cats too.

Apparently Thorley is no longer makes the THY 301YFED, does anybody know of a good cost effective alternative to the Thorley Headers? are the 302YFED for 2WD very different?

What are the alternatives to the Thorley y pipe?

I have seen too many options, nothing really stands out or catches my attention

I have a fairly modded 383 with an extreme energy cam 218/224 @ .50 and Etec Heads, what would be my options?

please advice

thanks

Last edited:

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where did they crack at? I've got the same ones on my 98. just want to know the possible problem area to keep an eye on.
sorry no help for the alternative.

MazingerZ

Reaction score
where did they crack at? I've got the same ones on my 98. just want to know the possible problem area to keep an eye on.
sorry no help for the alternative.

They cracked on the last bottom "Y" on the right hand side, close by the starter

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Hello,

My 1997 2 door Tahoe 4WD, has Thorley Headers (THY 301YFED) but are cracked and need replacement, my Y pipe is also in poor condition and need to get new cats too.

Apparently Thorley is no longer makes the THY 301YFED, does anybody know of a good cost effective alternative to the Thorley Headers? are the 302YFED for 2WD very different?

What are the alternatives to the Thorley y pipe?

I have seen too many options, nothing really stands out or catches my attention

I have a fairly modded 383 with an extreme energy cam 218/224 @ .50 and Etec Heads, what would be my options?

please advice

thanks

I thought Doug thorley headers were lifetime warranty?

I'd Imagine 301yfed and 302yfed are different based on the frame being different on 2wd and 4wd where the suspension is especially.

MazingerZ

Reaction score
Thorley resumed making these, all you have to do is pick up the phone and call them, there may be some lead time but I got new THY 301YFED headers from them