Having the known GM taillight issues. Who makes the best aftermarket tailights? What are yall running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someotherguy- thanx for posting that. I never looked at anzo, had a friend with a bad experience on anzo, and I never looked their way again.
Yes, I do believe these lights would look goofy with led bulbs. I kept the incandescent bulbs, mainly because I'm captain of the cheapo club. Glad to know led have been tried and aren't adviseable!
To the OP- I advise you to stay away from lights with the circuit board design that gm lights have. Otherwise, take your pick of whatever look suits your taste.

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You mean the aftermarket copies right, not original GM parts?
The GM ones seem to work quite alright, I mean, mine were still working in my 94, but the lenses were clouded and one was broken.
My dad had a shop for 25yr, and we tried quite a few different aftermarket ones that copied the gm circuit board design. If it wasn't original gm, it either melted circuit boards, or they got moisture and corroded. We even tried some replacement (non-GM) circuit boards with limited success.
I shoulda been a bit more specific, ehh?

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got some ebay "euro" lights that have a more modern look. No circuit board, just light sockets with the newer bulbs. My phone isn't allowing me to post links. Ebay item number 273648414930.
They seem like great quality, bolted in perfectly, working for a year now.
I really like these and am thinking of putting on a pair myself. They look great...

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought these LED ones from IPCW several years ago. The reverse lights come with incandescent bulbs, so I changed them to some intense LED ones. They are great, but I'm pretty sure they have been discontinued. Truck is in shop, so I don't have it handy for as installed pics.

Attachments

• 20231002_131842.jpg
    20231002_131842.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231002_131825.jpg
    20231002_131825.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 8

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I bought these LED ones from IPCW several years ago. The reverse lights come with incandescent bulbs, so I changed them to some intense LED ones. They are great, but I'm pretty sure they have been discontinued. Truck is in shop, so I don't have it handy for as installed pics.
I got those same IPCW (Inpro Carwear for those wondering) tails, but in "ruby red" for my '94 C2500LD and '97 Suburban years ago and ran them for a while. I dunno what kind of corn chip material all these aftermarket companies are making lenses from but man it's fragile. I broke a corner just trying to gently adjust the fit on the Suburban. Later a strip of the LED's failed (one set I bought was a "display" set that came cheap) so I thought hey; I'll open them up and repair whatever failed.. attempting to pull them apart destroyed the lens. :(

I do like the look, though. And yeah, the incandescent reverse bulb mixed w/LED tails I'll never understand, I put a nice bright LED projector bulb in there.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Pretty sure they're still sitting in boxes on my shelf somewhere..

Richard