Hard / Sticky Left Turn during first 180 degrees in the morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98K1500Utah

Reaction score
My truck on a few occasions has had almost a lump feeling when trying to turn left when first driving the truck down the road. You can push threw it, and then it is fine. A minute later, that symptom goes away. I typically back out of my driveway, and then need to turn left down the street as it bends.

Any thoughts? Something bent, need to be lube? Saw a video on the of Sea Foam Trans Tune (for power steering)

Thanks in advance -

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same here, only when cold outside. It started when a reman PS pump was installed.

That's what I get when I try to save a few bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98K1500Utah

Reaction score
Wow - interesting, I was looking at flushing it, but sounds like it may be normal under cold weather (granted how annoying it is). Maybe flushing will allow more fluid to flow, though I down power steering fluid thickens when cold

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your motor mounts. Sometimes the motor will rock up and contact the steering shaft and causes drag.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow - interesting, I was looking at flushing it, but sounds like it may be normal under cold weather (granted how annoying it is). Maybe flushing will allow more fluid to flow, though I down power steering fluid thickens when cold

It isn't normal, so you do have something going on there that will probably get worse. Start with the fluid change, it may just be contaminated fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk