Halo and Projector headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daddie2k3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So can anybody tell me if projector headlights use the same bulb as the factory lights because I already have Hids in my factory lights

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no the stock bulbs are 9006 style bulbs and 9005 for high beams. If you get projectors they will most likely be an H1 style bulb which is completely different yet the high beams I believe are still 9005 style bulbs

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Daddie2k3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my question is how does the "h1" work with the factory plug and does it look similar to the 9006 because I actually have an h10 in factory lense because I knew it would fit...

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Its really simple, the new projector lights are set up to run h1 bulbs in the housings because its cheaper to make them like that, and all they do to make the 9006/9005 plugs work with the h1 bulbs is by making a conversion harness
like so:
You must be registered for see images attach

(old Harness from my old gmc sierra's projector lights):
You must be registered for see images attach

I miss my Sierra :(

Daddie2k3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok that makes sense so looks like I need to order some h1 hid bulbs with just the postive/negative wires to put in the white thing to connect to 9006 plug right?

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Ok that makes sense so looks like I need to order some h1 hid bulbs with just the postive/negative wires to put in the white thing to connect to 9006 plug right?
I don't quite understand the question, but all you have to do is plug the white connector to your stock 9006 plug in, and the positive and negative wires go to the h1 bulb. The red wire goes directly to the h1 bulb, and the ground wire goes to a ground placed on the headlight it self.

Daddie2k3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry for crazy question but jusy trying to see other size bulb would fit and also if I do order a h1 hid bulb would it be anything special I had to do...but I think I got it...I will be ordering headlights and bulbs and same time and as long as I can aim them good I will be ok...THANKS!!

94shortbed

Reaction score
ok guys ive got a real problem and i have no idea where to start. i have hids in my truck. theyve been in it a few months and i have never had an issue. but tonight they came on with the truck off, the key off and the healight switch off. now if i got in the truck and started it they would turn off and i could turn them on and off with the headlight switch. but after a few minutes they would come back on again. im really stumped please help!!!!