H2 wheels so cheap i had to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to trim my flares to get 285/70-17s on H2 wheels. I seriously doubt the 315s will fit. I purposely bought are H2 wheels so I didn't attempt to put the 315s on :)

I was pretty certain I wanted 285s.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to trim my flares to get 285/70-17s on H2 wheels. I seriously doubt the 315s will fit. I purposely bought are H2 wheels so I didn't attempt to put the 315s on :)

I was pretty certain I wanted 285s.

I have been thinkin 285/70's for a while now . but H2 wheels are uncommon here and not cheap when you find them ..so At 125 a set with tires ..I will be happy even if I have to spend for new tires. The week end i am going to spit shine them up and see whats up . I will post some pics of them on the truck and the clearance issues .. Then after you say you told me so ,Ill heat up the old visa card and put me some 285's on . In a nut shell I am saying your probably right ...

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been thinkin 285/70's for a while now . but H2 wheels are uncommon here and not cheap when you find them ..so At 125 a set with tires ..I will be happy even if I have to spend for new tires. The week end i am going to spit shine them up and see whats up . I will post some pics of them on the truck and the clearance issues .. Then after you say you told me so ,Ill heat up the old visa card and put me some 285's on . In a nut shell I am saying your probably right ...

Unless your truck is a little rustier than mine...Then they may fit. Just kidding. I think the deal you got is great. I paid $300 for mine, but they were new take off's in the boxes the aftermarket wheels came in. The guy told me he only had them on his H2 for the first 5k miles. I thought $300 was a steal at the time. I ran 265/70s for a while until I found the ssssmokin' deal on 5 Michelin 285/70s that had 500 miles on them for $400. I then bought another H2 take off for $100 (there is a wheel dealer here in SW PA that has several sets of new take offs). He wouldn't budge on that. I think I have about $100 or so in GMT900 center caps. For a grand total of $900 I'm still very happy.

265/70s should be rather easy to find used on CL. Hell I still have mine and I'd sell them for $100, but shipping may be tough. That will get you rollin' and you can sell the 315s.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found a set of 265's on CL here local really decent for 150.00 bucks to tide me over and I honestly think I would like a smaller tire less head aches.I will more than likely sell the bigger tires after some looking . Rust yes I sure do got some . But my truck has been salting and plowing snow since a month after new. Mostly cab corners so i fit in lol.. You Did get a deal on your wheels cheapest I found was 200 cash in Alabama and that's a long way from Kentucky for wheels . In my area A set of 5 chrome 500 to 700 no tires 1000 for 4 with tires usually. A single wheel and crappy tire 125 to 200 . The caps your running look the best . I have set off a w/t 1997 that i plan to paint to match I read that I could turn them to fit . I really don't think that they can be but they was a pair of old black caps gave to me at a local scrap yard. So I will attempt to see if i can ..

goobs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
stock height c2500 burb with 315's only rubbed at full lock on swaybar and frame
You must be registered for see images

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found a set of 265's on CL here local really decent for 150.00 bucks to tide me over and I honestly think I would like a smaller tire less head aches.I will more than likely sell the bigger tires after some looking . Rust yes I sure do got some . But my truck has been salting and plowing snow since a month after new. Mostly cab corners so i fit in lol.. You Did get a deal on your wheels cheapest I found was 200 cash in Alabama and that's a long way from Kentucky for wheels . In my area A set of 5 chrome 500 to 700 no tires 1000 for 4 with tires usually. A single wheel and crappy tire 125 to 200 . The caps your running look the best . I have set off a w/t 1997 that i plan to paint to match I read that I could turn them to fit . I really don't think that they can be but they was a pair of old black caps gave to me at a local scrap yard. So I will attempt to see if i can ..

Here's a shot of my truck with 265s on the H2 wheels...

You must be registered for see images attach

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a shot of my truck with 265s on the H2 wheels...

Your truck set the bar high for all 3/4 ton ECSB's I am liking that paint scheme more and more everytime I see it

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wheels and tires are sitting here waiting to be put on . I picked up a chrome h2 spare wheel for 50 bucks locally yesterday . and have been playing with fitting a gmt 400 cap in it after reading this post http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?27098-Hummer-H2-wheels-with-GMT400-center-caps-(new) .
. the results so far still need to shave a little bit off but there in there