H2 hummer wheels what caps fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen a set of caps from our era trucks on hummer wheels on some site but never got an answer if they were photo shopped or modded to fit . I was wondering what caps look best In your guys opinion....

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen them with chrome caps off a 3/4 ton GMT400 and thought they looked pretty good. Just google image search "hummer wheels with chevy caps" and you'll see a bunch of variations, GMT400, GMT800, chrome, silver, black, yada yada.

Richard

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

These are mine

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Your options really are nearly endless...

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been reading about how to make the GMT 400 caps fit . I am thinking the Cheyenne caps were black plastic .. Not sure never had a set in my hand ..But there is a set on a truck being stripped locally ..I may try to mod them and paint them to match.. Atleast it will be a good trial run before I mod a set of good chrome caps. If will not work I am gonna use a newer set of flush caps

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look best with the GMT900 caps...see my sig. Of course that is my opinion.
I agree and am searching for me a set of 900 caps ..
Until then I am kinda using what spare parts dont cost me a a bundle .
we found a chrome spare 400 cap laying in a parts pile . So i taped it up and trimmed a half inch off the base and shaved about 6 thousands off the sides and the cap fit . I will post pics and link to all references when I do the other caps . I have called around and found some at a salvage yard 15 bucks a set if I can find four is what the owner said . So I am going to go gmt 400 caps for now unless I find a newer truck while I am there .

udownwitkj

Reaction score
I agree and am searching for me a set of 900 caps ..
Until then I am kinda using what spare parts dont cost me a a bundle .
we found a chrome spare 400 cap laying in a parts pile . So i taped it up and trimmed a half inch off the base and shaved about 6 thousands off the sides and the cap fit . I will post pics and link to all references when I do the other caps . I have called around and found some at a salvage yard 15 bucks a set if I can find four is what the owner said . So I am going to go gmt 400 caps for now unless I find a newer truck while I am there .
What did you find out? I just picked up a nice set of H2 wheels. want to modify the stock 2500 suburban caps to fit.