Gun rack ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Gerb

Reaction score
Hey guys im new here and looking for some help with something. I've got a 98 extended cab silverado and I wanna mount a gun rack in my truck somewhere and was wondering what kind of setups you guys have. I was trying to figure out how to attach one to the back of the extended cab seat in my truck. I found a couple things online that are storage boxes for under the seat that can hold a few guns but they are like $200 and i don't have that kind of money to drop on one. any advise would be nice. Thanks in advance.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
best one i have seen mounted to the roof and i liked it because it cant be seen from the windows so no subaru's will call you in to the cops hahah. seriously, they do that here.

The Gerb

Reaction score
best one i have seen mounted to the roof and i liked it because it cant be seen from the windows so no subaru's will call you in to the cops hahah. seriously, they do that here.

are you talking about the one that mounts as the visor or the double that mounts over the drivers head?

gmcbeast

Reaction score
the ones that mount above your head would work out well for you. my personal setup is the old fashion rear window rack but thats because i got a reg cab

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Here's what I had in my 94 and what a lot of guys do down here:

You must be registered for see images attach

The Gerb

Reaction score
I dont really want one of the ones that mount to the headliner because i leave guns in my truck during hunting season and dont want people to be able to look in and see what i got

The Gerb

Reaction score
ok sorry if something is not right with the pics. this is my first time posting pictures. But i tried my behind the rear seat gun rack and it seems to fit the seat perfect but the seat wont latch in the upright position because the top rack is hitting the back of the truck. trying to decide if i wanna just cut the top one off or just mount it to the bare spot on back wall of the truck. Let me know what you guys think

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is what we do with my wife's .270. We don't store it in the vehicle and this works perfect for us. The muzzle is in a padded bag that came with my Ruger LCR-X, the padded sling sits between the gun and the dash, the rubber butt plate touches the windshield and because of the curvature of the windshield the bolt has 2" of clearance.

You must be registered for see images attach