Grooving your own tires VID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats awesome! Is it only recommended for rock and trail trucks?

No it can be used for any type of grooving. There is different sized heads and blades for different size cuts. You can also do this when your tires get worn down to re-groove them and get some more miles out of them.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
No it can be used for any type of grooving. There is different sized heads and blades for different size cuts. You can also do this when your tires get worn down to re-groove them and get some more miles out of them.

Thats awesome, I may be looking into getting one of those now!

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just be careful, these irons don't worry about the cords at all (like a hot knife through butter if you will), if you plan to give yourself an extra few miles on your tires make sure you don't go too deep. I hit the cords quite a few times on my tires, not worried though it's 100% bog truck.

I cut a pair of Boggers with an Ideal iron (same in video) with a no.12 head. It takes a while cutting that much material at one time, but it'll get the job done. But when I cut the good set that is on the truck I'm going to use a 2" chisel and fish cooker while only cutting the little lug out and not taking the whole tire down to the cords.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, it didn't take too long to cut two Boggers.

Took these:
You must be registered for see images attach

And made these:

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have grooved 100+ Tractor-trailer tires and if you wanna do this yourself then buy an extra box of blades because you will kill them quick until you learn to use the groover. And on a side note it is illegal to groove a tire for street use unless it is clearly marked "regroovable" on the side. I have grooved many for my own vehicles illegally and have never had an issue but i also have never been checked so. . . just throwing that out there.