Green98's K1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

green98

Reaction score
Thanks. I've been trying to lose the work truck look and just go for something clean now. The rack was nice to have quite a few times, don't realize it until you have one, but that's what trailers are for and insurance claimed it made the truck commercial.

My headliner is starting to come down so that is next on the list along with suspension. Shocks all around and rear springs are weak, can really feel it towing, and just found some splitting rubber in the lower ball joints and grease on everything else so probably time for a rebuild.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I'm with you on that, I'm trying to do the same to mine.
Oh, for us, if the vehicle is owned by a person and not a company it's always insured like a regular vehicle, we only have a difference between cars and trucks. Trucks are cheaper to insure for some reason, but you can re-registrer any car as a truck, as long as the loading area is long enough.

green98

Reaction score
Was able to adjust the headlights a bit and test them out. Found out that playing with the bulb in the housing I could clock the bulb differently and change the light pattern since they actually have 4 small led's per bulb. Here's stock for reference.
You must be registered for see images

At first I set the bulbs to light on the top and bottom. Created a very bad pattern that would blind anyone else on the road.

Then I changed the bulbs to light on the sides and this created more of a cutoff.

Found another place a little more level to adjust them.

I don't think they will glare any worse than the stocks since they both had some glow above the main light output. Took a pic of just the parking lights on also. The white up front is pretty bright.

green98

Reaction score
Worked on the 4 corner mod. Did it a little differently, didn't want to do the cut and epoxy method with mine because I have black corners with clear lenses and did not want it seen. Used rubber 194 bulb sockets. They're designed for a 1/2" hole to just push in.

Used a small drill bit to go through the back of the grille and upper corner then removed the corner so both holes lined up.

Then just drilled both holes larger until the bulb socket fit in snug. Didn't go all the way up to 1/2" as the bulb would hit the lense but was still holding tight.

Seemed to work pretty good.

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Hey truck is looking good! Where did you buy your lights from and what did they cost ya? (Tails/turns/markers)

green98

Reaction score
Bought everything on ebay. All but the 3rd brake light came in a set I think about $160, 3rd brake can be found for around $40

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Alright thanks I'll keep an eye out for the set for mine (mine's an '88 so no 3rd brake)

green98

Reaction score
Been quite a while since I've done much with the truck. Just basically drIving it and a few small things like some extra backup lights and new front bumper lights. Did a little work on my jeep and motorcycle then ended up buying a house and getting out on my own so put a hold on most of my other projects. Recently picked up a tent trailer for behind the truck and started putting together the most recent updates.

You must be registered for see images attach

green98

Reaction score
Now trucks in the shop getting some work done. Front end and tires were about done, needed shocks, the usual. Weird to have it in the shop and me not doing the work but seemed to be the best option right now. Should be getting it back sitting a bit taller.

Last edited:

green98

Reaction score
Finally got it back after almost a week but atleast its over. RCX 6" lift, 315/75-16 General Grabber tires, and rebuilt front end. Now to find the battery issue, clean it up and do a few other things I've been waiting on.